Prologue

The school doors swung open to reveal the group of six kids everyone knew. Last year had been a smooth, drama-free year. They had hoped that this year would be the same. Hoped.

"I heard theres some new kids." Megan spoke up, her hand in Conners, Wally laughed and shook his head. "Theres always new kids. The Freshman." He pointed out, and Artemis elbowed him. "She didnt mean that, idiot."

He put a hand on his heart. "Ouch, babe." Artemis just rolled her eyes. "What kind of new kids?" Zatanna inquired the redheaded girl. Megan just shrugged. Dick wrapped his arm around Zatannas shoulder.

"Well, hopefully they're nice." He said, smiling, sticking his free hand in his pocket. "Hopefully." Conner repeated, and with that, the bell rung and they all scrambled away to class.

Artemis was still known as the rebel, the bad girl. She nearly lost that title Sophomore year when she started dating Wally and got emotional when Linda took her necklace. Yet, it was quickly regained from multiple other things.

As she sat in her chair in the back row, she noticed a few unfamiliar faces, must some of those 'new kids' she noted. One of them, a girl, sat next to her and smiled. Artemis just raised her brow in response.

"I'm Ava." She introduced, extending her hand. Artemis raised her head slightly, Ava had short, neck-
length brown hair, accompanied by brown eyes. "Nice talk." She then said, exhaling slightly.

Then, with a sigh, Artemis turned to face her once more. "I'm Artemis." The blonde gave her a slight smile, Ava pursed her lips, and before she could talk the teacher got their attention.

Meanwhile

Wally had his legs up on the desk. It was still relatively early, and the science teacher was usually late. A boy he was unfamiliar with walked in, he had shaggy dirty blonde hair, looking confused.

"Is this Mr. Browns class?" Wally put his legs down and stood up, running over to the boy. "Yup! I'm Wally!" The redhead smiled and extended his hand to the boy. "Cody." The confused boy responded.

"So, you're new?" Cody nodded, and followed Wally over to the desks. "My sister Ava and I moved here this summer." He stated and Wally nodded in response. "Is she-"

"Single? Yeah." Wally raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I was going to ask if she was also a senior." Cody's mouth formed an 'o' before nodding quickly. "I'm sorry." He swiftly apologized and Wally laughed.

"I heard theres another new girl, though, senior too." Wally scoffed "Really? Three? New record."

Meanwhile

"I guess my mom and Steve are breaking up." Zatanna said, facing her boyfriend. Dick nodded, his brows furrowed. "So she cheated?" He recited and she shook her head, before freezing and nodding.

"They both cheated. They caught each other at the same time." The raven-haired girl explained and Dick slowly nodded. "They already moved out and now she just brings over a bunch of guys to hook up with." Zatanna complained, throwing her head back with a sigh.

"Oh my, you're Dick Grayson." Zatanna looked up with a confused face, a girl with straight blonde hair and a hand on her hip looked at Dick up and down. "The one and only." Dick responded, giving her a charming smile.

"Lori Elton." The girl introduced, extending her hand and Dick shook it. "Nice to meet you." Lori smiled back before looking over to Zatanna.

"And you are..?" Zatanna gave the blonde a fake smile and extended her arm. "Zatanna Zatara." Lori didnt take her hand, and instead sat on the other side of Dick, chatting up a storm with him.

Zatanna just stared at them the entire time, confusion and jealousy evident on her face.

This is going to be one hell of a year.

Lori Elton is the only three of them that isnt an oc, she was actually an old comic character! Anyways, hope you enjoy it so far, I have many plans for this story...you guys dont even know.