Chapter 5

"So she just left?" Megan asked, closing her locker and turning to face Zatanna, who nodded. "Didnt she do that last summer?" Wally chimed in, propping his arm up on Artemis' shoulder, she gave him a slide glance before ignoring her boyfriend.

"Yeah, not like this, though, she left the doors unlocked, and most of her stuff stayed. For all I know shes selled the place by now!" She was beginning to get frustrated, she wanted to see and talk to Dick, he hadnt answered any of her texts or calls this weekend, she was getting worried.

So, naturally, Zatanna wasnt happy when she saw him walking in with Lori all over him. The two talking and laughing, all buddy-buddy. She made a move, ignoring all the things her friends were saying as she strutted over.

Dick gave her a guilty smile and shrugged his shoulders at Lori before walking over to his girlfriend. "Hey Dick, I just wanted to say-"

"I know, I saw the texts."

Zatanna had apologized profusely in the texts, saying she just overreacted and was upset, they barely fought, the two, so she assumed something as simple as this would blow over quickly.

She raised her eyebrow at him and he sighed. "I overreacted too." He quickly added before she could assume that he was still upset. "Are we good?" He held his arm out and she grabbed his hand and pulled him close, making their lips meet for a passionate kiss, which had to end from the bell.

"Saved by the bell." Lori muttered before she walked off.

/-/-/

"So, what'd you do all weekend?" Ava asked, tapping the end of her pen on her desk. Artemis shrugged, "Your brother put Wally and I in holding for awhile, but other than that, pretty bland." Ava scoffed and shook his head.

"Hes not supposed to get out until the end of the week, unless our parents go get him early. Artemis hummed and leaned back in her chair. "Are they?" With a sigh, Ava shook her head.

"Barely noticed he left." She claimed, slightly shrugging. "Its whatever though, hes annoying." Artemis let out a dry laugh and nodded. "Brothers can do that."

Ava smiled, and then the bell rang, Artemis got up and started to put her stuff into her bag. "Are you coming?" She asked Ava as she put her bag on her shoulder. Ava shook her head. "Tutoring." Artemis nodded before walking off to lunch.

"Tutoring again?" Megan asked when they were far enough for Ava to not hear. Artemis shrugged, she started to think something else was going on, Ava was getting good grades, she never got called on in class, and Megan had noticed, and pointed out, that questions on Avas test that were marked correct, were incorrect on her own.

"I think I'm going to go and investigate." Megan than stated, turning sharply on her heel. Artemis smirked and followed her friend. If what they thought was happening, then itd be best to stop it while they still can.

/-/-/

Lori let out the most annoying laugh at Dicks joke. It made Zatanna sick to her stomach. Was she jealous? Oh yeah. She was. Wally noticed this and nudged Zatanna with his elbow, "Its fine." He mouthed to her. He glanced at the door again, Artemis and Megan still werent here.

"You think they're in trouble?" Conner spoke up and Wally shrugged. "Knowing those two? Probably." Everyone but Lori laughed at that, the blonde sighed and rolled her eyes. "If you guys are so worried then go check on them."

Conner glared at Lori before standing up, followed by Wally. "You should go too, Zee." Zatanna grimaced at her use of the nickname. "I think I'm good."