you called me vanilla

the thing is... when someone says... I NEED FLUFF. that's that. that's my calling. I'm here on this earth with the sole purpose to provide muke fluff. period.

so this one's for you mellovesmichaelc (I even threw in those chains you talked about)

IRL; based on this: https://youtu.be/ZL3mRUoxdoI and this: https://youtu.be/nXGCtJS9BHs

•••

Luke was tired. But just a bit.

He and Michael did some interviews in Sydney together and some of them involved drinking, some involved playing Mario Kart.

Like always he and Michael found a way to annoy each other in interviews but when his best friend called, Luke immediately said yes to coming over.

He hasn't been in his man cave for ages.

Luke was almost crushed by Karen's hug and got lots of puppy kisses by their new dog.

"I hope we play Fortnite." He said as he walked into the dark room. "Because I actually want to win a game against you sometimes."

He didn't see Michael but he did hear the door close behind him. Luke turned and saw Michael in comfy clothes. He wasn't surprised, it's not like he expected for them to go out and party.

"What?" Luke asked and tilted his head.

Michael had his famous smirk on and when Luke looked again, he remembered the shirt Michael was wearing. His shirt.

"Vanilla, huh?" Michael unglued himself from the door and stepped towards Luke.

"I-I was just joking." Luke managed to say as he observed Michael walk slowly towards him.

"Well, I did call you that once." The older man nodded. "But you proved me wrong."

Luke's heart was beating hard. Michael was always unpredictable and he always made Luke feel like they were sixteen and messing around.

Back then one word from Michael ruined or made his entire week.

"W-why did you lie?" He asked.

Now Michael tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He was so close his warm breath was tickling Luke's cold skin. "A-about kissing? You said you don't remember us kissing."

"Oh, so you think I should tell the entire world about all the times we kissed? Or should we talk about how the first person you mentioned kissing was Calum?"

Luke frowned. "I didn't want it to be obvious."

Michael raised an eyebrow. He knew him too well.

"Okay." He rolled his eyes like a small child. "I wanted to hear if you'll mention it."

The older man raised his hand and placed it on Luke's cheek. "Really? Would you prefer if I'd say... Yes, I and Luke used to kiss all the time. But then he decided he didn't want to anymore. And the entire Twitter would be like... Poor Michael."

"You know it's not like that. You know it wasn't like that. I was seventeen. I wanted to try and kiss other people too. But I know you wanted to be exclusive."

Michael smiled and Luke relaxed because it was a genuine smile. "I know."

He grabbed Luke by his wrist and pulled him onto the couch. "First, I'll teach you how to win Mario Kart against me, then we'll play Fortnite."

"Do you want to stay over?" Michael yawned.

Luke nodded. They stopped playing a while ago and just sat in silence. It was nice.

He was playing with his chain necklace thinking about their previous conversation. He imagined what things would be like if he and Michael would be properly dating all those years ago.

"Why are you wearing that thing all the time?"

Luke was also in his sweatpants and the chain didn't really go with it. He shrugged his shoulders. "I like it. I got it for my birthday."

Michael snorted.

"What?" Luke demanded.

"I got you that. A while ago actually. I was drunk and saw it in a jewelry place. Made me think of your non-vanilla preferences and love for chains."

"Jewellery place? Fuck, Mikey. I hope it wasn't expensive."

"I don't remember actually. But even if it was... It was for you."

Luke turned to his best friend.

"I'm sorry if I didn't treat you right back then."

Michael smiled. "We were kids. I was a little heartbroken, especially because you found someone better in a matter of days. But I know you meant well. Hiding would kill us mentally, and not hiding would kill our chances of being a band."

"Not better," Luke whispered. "Never better."

Their faces were close and when Luke looked at him, Michael was already staring at his lips.

"Can I kiss you?" Luke asked.

Instead of answering, Michael softly pressed his lips against Luke's making him shiver.

The kiss was vanilla.

Soft and warm.

Different but familiar.

Calming but exciting.

"I don't think we'll kill our band."

Michael smiled and kissed Luke's nose. "First we need to see if we're sure."

"This felt right."

The older man smiled and grabbed the chains Luke wore around his neck to pull him in for another kiss.

"It always felt right to me."

•••

i love my men. i love irl muke.

did you watch the interviews? did you enjoy reading this?

muke spending time together? their past?

should they stay together when they were young or do they still have a chance?

kisses?

Love, Lucija ♡

*the request chapter is next so make sure to comment/vote on this and previous one shots*