who you've been calling baby

for mellovesmichaelc

*irl muke

•••

Luke hunted down his boyfriend thirty minutes before the concert.

Michael mysteriously disappeared after the soundcheck so Luke had food and kisses he had to give him.

After five minutes he finally found him sitting on a couch and playing games on the new PSP Luke's parent gifted him for Christmas.

Michael looked up at Luke, letting him know he noticed his presence before returning his gaze to the device.

"I brought you some fruit." He could see his boyfriend roll his eyes. "And pasta."

That got Michael's attention and made him let go of the PSP. Luke set next to him, as close as possible and gave him the food. He also forced him to eat some grapes.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, quietly, softly.

In response, Michael filled his mouth with food so he wouldn't have to reply.

"Mikey." Luke pouted and ran his hands over Michael's hair, making him lean into his touch. "I hope you're not still upset about yesterday."

"Of course, I am. I did one thing I promised you I'll keep a secret."

Luke sighed and moved the plate away before straddling Michael's lap. The day before paparazzi took a photo of Michael and fans immediately spotted the background photo on his phone. Which was a picture of his secret boyfriend, Luke.

Only dating for a few months, the boys kept their relationship sacred and a secret.

To save the situation, Luke tweeted than Michael had his phone which he forgot in the car. The band singer got his fair share of rude tweets on his self-obsession but ignored then with ease.

"Stop being stupid," Luke whispered and kissed him silly until he relaxed completely.

"I just don't want to ruin this."

"Again," Luke said. "Stupid. I love you, you having an ugly photo of me for your background won't change that."

Finally, Michael smiled and Luke pulled him up and towards the changing room so they could get ready.

When on stage, Michael's mood changed and so did Luke's.

The adrenaline and the overwhelming support and love from the audience painted a smile on their faces.

The bittersweet moment when Want You Back came on made Luke sad as they only had two songs left but happy for his and Michael's guitar moment.

Luke winked at Michael before his solo and it made the man, his man laugh in a way it filled Luke's chest up with butterflies and other fizzy things.

The smile turned to a confused gaze when Luke didn't leave back to his microphone to sing the last part but stayed at his.

When the song finished Michael asked him something but Luke didn't hear or cared what was said. He took a step forward, gently grabbed Michael's chin and waited for him to move away.

When he didn't, he leaned in a softly kissed him.

Luke was aware of the screaming and Ashton's drumming but didn't care.

After a few seconds, Michael pushed him away but to his relief, he was smiling.

He returned back to the stage and gave his band a sign to transition into Youngblood.

Not sure if he was imagining it but the fans were singing it louder and even Calum was laughing and jumping more than usual.

Luke didn't, couldn't look at Michael until the last bow. Instead of placing his hand over Michael's shoulders, Luke intertwined their fingers and after the bow, he kissed him again.

Michael held him close and started laughing into the kiss when Ashton and Calum joined their hug but luckily not their kiss.

Ashton found a mic that was still turned on and shouted, "Luke and Michael are in love," in the microphone just before they walked off the stage.

•••

i love irl muke. i love muke. i love soulmate muke. i love cuddly muke.

thoughts?

michael being upset over almost outing them out?

luke being cute and taking care of him?

the concert? kisses? more kisses?

Love, Lucija ♡

p.s.: do we remember 2015 fics where half of them ended up in tears and death?