Chapter 5.

I forced myself this morning to get up and go to Bendy's newest meeting despite my guilt and insecurities. Once I got there, I immediately felt the atmosphere to be tense, as everyone was mumbling amongst each other, which worried me. I scanned through the crowd and eventually found Gary, and I went to approach him.

"Ah, Gary, there you are!" I said to him. "So, what's happening with everyone? They seem tense." Gary stared at me.

"Hello, Sammy." He started. "So, what's going on is I told someone about something I saw, and probably shouldn't have. The word spread really fast, and now it seems that everyone knows."

"Everyone knows what? I've been in my sanctuary for most of this day, so I don't know."

"I'll tell you then." He started. "So, I was walking around the studio, trying to get the layout of it all more clear in my mind, but I noticed that I was hearing something quite strange. As I was trying to find out where the noise was coming from, I recognised it to be crying. But when I did find where it was coming from, to my surprise..." He looked away, seeming to check his surroundings. "...It was our lord. He was curled up in a ball, quietly sobbing like he was in some sort of pain."

"In pain?!" I shouted, horrifically concerned. "What do you mean in p-" He quickly covered my mouth and looked ahead of everyone, as I followed his gaze. Just then Bendy lumbered in, looking extremely upset. He turned to face us, but the manner was much different than the norm. Bendy did not look like the confident and assertive leader that he is, he was instead a demon of misery.

"Everyone. I have dreadful news." He started. "We've lost three people. I'd like to have a moment to acknowledge the poor souls that we have lost, Norman, Susie, and..." He paused his words, looking like he was using all of his willpower to not break down. "...Boris." I looked around to all of the faces in the crowd, noticing that I was the only one who didn't look shocked. "...And to make matters worse, we've been betrayed by Tom and Allison, who are now on Henry's side..." Bendy looked down and growled slightly. "...My plans have changed. I no longer want to take it easy on this man. If he can kill someone as sweet and innocent as Boris, he can and will kill everyone here without hesitation. I care for each and every one of you, so you must follow these orders. If you don't, you will die. You will NOT go after Henry, unless he is completely alone. The same goes for Tom and Allison. If you fight them as a group, no matter how strong you are or how many are with you, you all will inevitably die. It should at least be a one on one, or a sneak attack on ONE person. I REALLY CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!" He stared at us for a second, breathing hard. "...Sorry. Just do as I said. Goodbye." He left the room as we all began to head to spots in the village. I went into a building near the center and Gary followed me in. I leaned against the wall in frustration and Gary sat down on the floor.

"Ugh. I would have never suspected that someone would be cocky as to disgrace us as those imbeciles have." I groaned, and rolled my eyes. "I didn't suspect them to be this stupid, I suppose." I looked to Gary. He looked shocked, like he was trying to take a lot in at once, which he was.

"...Sammy?" Gary started. "We're all going to die, aren't we?"

"Huh? Now why would you say something like that?" I began boarding up the doorway. I felt it was necessary to protect my best friend. He didn't see what Henry is capable of.

"So many strong people have already died. Us lost ones aren't as strong as people like our lord, or Susie, or you..." He looked at the wall. I smiled at him.

"Gary, you know you're my best friend. I literally boarded the entrance so he couldn't get to you, and I have the last axe that's around this area!" I picked it up, but as clumsy as I am, I immediately dropped it. Gary laughed lightly at my foolishness.