One: Halloween

September ended and October rolled around rather quickly. The air turned crisp and the leaves started to fall. The Hogwarts students were excited for Halloween, but none were more excited than the Eighth Years.

Professor McGonagall told them all one morning that they were going to have a party to celebrate their coming back. "You are also allowed, unlike the rest of the school, to wear elaborate costumes."

The Eighth Years whispered excitedly and Harry told Ron he and Hermione could do one of those couple costumes. Ron frowned while Hermione pleaded with him to do that.

"The party will be held Halloween night and will last from seven to one in the morning, " McGonagall finished and dismissed them to their classes and they all left.

Harry joked around, saying that he could be a Snitch, but Draco told him, "Or the Chosen One."

"I can't be myself for Halloween, Draco."

Draco smirked and Harry whispered to him, "What are you going as?"

Draco said, "I might not go."

Harry gasped dramatically and clutched the fabric over his heart. "Ugh, I'm hurt . . ."

Draco frowned and continued, "I don't know if I want to go."

Harry blurted, "You can go with me!"

Draco looked over at him and Harry continued, fumbling with his words, "I, uh . . . mean as--as friends y'know?"

"Why wouldn't we go as friends, Potter?"

Harry let out a breath of relief and smiled. "Because you never say my first name."

"So?"

Harry frowned and mumbled, "Nevermind. Don't go."

Draco said, "I was joking. Calm down."

Harry felt somebody shove his shoulder roughly and he saw Draco's pale eyes travel to the ground. Harry looked up and saw Lynch walking in front of him, looking back and smugly smirking.

Harry's face twisted in anger and he felt another hand on his shoulder. He saw Draco looking down at him and said, "Don't hex him."

Harry smiled. "I would never."

Halloween came quickly and, of the night of the party, Harry, Ron, and Hermione dressed as the Three Musketeers, though Ron didn't really know who they were. Hermione pulled her bushy brown hair back and put her hat on.

Ron was complaining loudly about the ruffles on his shirt while Harry put on the boots and tunic, which Hermione made a dark purple tunic to make his emerald eyes pop. Ron's tunic was maroon and Hermione's was dark pink. Hermione pit just a touch of eye shadow that matched their tunics on their eyelids, Ron complaining and Harry and Hermione rolling their eyes.

Harry's eyes looked very green and, as Hermione pointed out, very attractive. Ron complained about that too, saying that he didn't look good. Harry messed around with the feather on his hat as Hermione said to Ron, "You can go change if you want."

Ron didn't, but Harry saw him messing around with his trousers and ruffles again. Hermione and Harry embraced the elaborately made costumes while Ron looked uncomfortable.

Hermione asked, "Is Draco coming?"

Harry answered, "He said that he might."

Hermione whispered to him when Ron wasn't listening, "Did he say anything else?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows from confusion and replied, "No, why would he?"

Hermione shrugged and told Ron, "We're leaving!"

The three left the common room and walked downstairs to the dungeons, where the Eighth Years were celebrating. Ron walked awkwardly while Harry and Hermione strutted effortlessly. Neville, who was dressed as a ghost, and Hannah Abbott, who dressed as a mummy, complemented the three.

They finally made it down to the dungeons and saw that there were bats flying around and small candles floating around above everyone's head, providing very little light in the otherwise completely dark dungeon. Hermione grabbed Ron's hand and led him into the thick of every person that was dancing. Harry, on the other hand, stood alone by the refreshments table, drinking firewhiskey. The professors allowed the Eighth Years to drink, given that they were of age.

After an hour of waiting to see if Draco would show up, Harry started to get discouraged.

"Hey, Harry! Harry Potter!"

Harry looked up and saw a Hufflepuff whom he had heard of, but never spoken to, walking towards him. Harry, not wanting to be rude, said, "Hi . . .?"

The Hufflepuff, who was dressed as a skeleton, introduced himself as Oliver Wolff. He asked, "Are you waiting for somebody?"

Harry was about to answer when another voice answered for him. "He is. Hopefully."

Harry smiled at the Hufflepuff, who was now retreating back to the middle of the room. He looked up and saw somebody dressed as a vampire. He only knew it was Draco because of his blonde hair and grey eyes. The rest of him didn't look like him at all; he was wearing a black cloak with red fabric on the inside, he charmed two of his teeth to look sharper than the rest, giving the impression that he had fangs. His blonde hair was slicked back and he had powder on his face, making him look paler than he really was.

"Is that what took you so long?" Harry asked.

Draco shrugged and smiled a bit, exposing his teeth. "Yeah, did it pay off?"

"Yeah!" Harry answered, a little too enthusiastically. "I--uh. Yes. Yes, it did."

"Thanks. You look good too."

"Hermione did it all. I just pull it all together, " Harry said, blushing slightly.

Draco asked, "She did? I have to give that to her."

Harry bit his lip and asked, "What are Blaise and Theodore dressed as? I don't think I've seen them."

"They're making out with some girls in the restroom. They abandoned me." Draco replied.

"Oh? You didn't want to go do that?"

Draco scrunched his face up and answered simply, "No, "

Harry took another sip of his firewhiskey and blushed whenever the corner of Draco's mouth tilted upwards slightly. He reached across Harry and grabbed a firewhiskey, his teeth clicking against the glass when he brought it to his mouth. Harry thought that he saw Draco wink at him, but it must have been his imagination.

At around midnight, a couple of drinks later, Draco grabbed Harry's arm and led him out of the dungeon and up a few flights of stairs. Harry giggled as his boots clicked against the stone floor and Draco's dress shoes clicked heavily as he looked behind them every once in a while to make sure they weren't being followed.

Harry kept up with Draco's strides by jogging a little bit faster than Draco currently was. Draco led him up another two sets of stairs and to the Astronomy Tower. Harry forgot everything that happened two years ago when he was with Draco, who took his wand from his pocket and put it between his teeth after asking, "Follow me?"

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!