▫ t h i r t e e n

ㅡ ✨

they were all inside jeno and jaemin's dorm room now. jeno's father, who's a bit low at his expression, sitting on the couch while fiddling his finger.

jeno, who's still mad at him, sitting at the bed with arms crossing.

the two teen argued for a short time, but jaemin insisted to let jeno's father in, showing a bit of respect since after all he was his father.

he return from the kitchen with  a tray of tea and buns as he served it on the table in front of the couch.

"have a drink sir" jaemin gently say, earning a smile from jeno's father. he then move beside of jeno but slightly at the back to give the two some moments.

"so what brings you here? it's new that you visited your most hated son at all" jeno sarcastically utters.

jeno's father then clear his throat. "jaemin, can you please let me and jeno talk privately for the mean time" he politely asked which the other quickly nods but jeno stops him from going, holding his hand tighter.

"no jaemin isn't leaving, you're the one who's leaving--"

"jeno look, please" jaemin cutted him. "it's not like your father asked a heartly talk with you, atleast give him a favor, for me, and for yourself" he mumbles to him as he carresses jeno's cheeks then leaves the room.

jeno sighed, now getting annoyed even more. "so what do you want?" he asked again.

"the next days after i try inviting you i came to realize that it is in fact, my wrong doings. im just a bit disappointed-- you grow up different than what i am expecting" jeno's father starts slightly grabbing his interest but still had a blank expression on his face as he try not to react much.

"i never been a good father to you, the more i think im better back when your mother was still alive, the only thing that matters to me is myself and my work" he added.

"i was so selfish. when your mother died, i actually felt guilty that i couldn't sleep every night just thinking of her, and whenever i see you, it reminds of her and the pain so i try diverting my attention and focus on my work, there i found your stepmom who helps me alot" jeno's father explained.

"so you did forget about mom?" jeno interrupted.

"of course no, i love your mother so much, i was really immature back then, i-i thought i was a better person but im wrong, it was your stepmom who also insisted me to come here, you don't have to get mad at them and for your stepbrothers, if there's anything you want to burst your anger, let it out to me jeno" his father added as he lower his head, both slowly getting teary.

"im sorry i failed a father, i apologize. if there's really something i can do or-- jeno, please stay with me and with your family, please accept us one more time and let's start a fresh start" jeno father added.

"do you think that's easy?" jeno responded.

"growing up after mom died knowing the only family you left isn't bothering an interest to you at all-- i tried to remain strong!" he yelled.