Chapter 2

"YOU KNOW, I had never been much of a fan of Magneto's powers until I heard about you." Lilith turned quickly, her reflexes having her get into a fighting stance.

She glared harshly at the well dressed, dark-skinned woman who stood in front of her plastic bubble of isolation. Lilith was infuriated that she had been caught off guard by whoever this woman was.

"Who the hell are you?" Lilith snarled which only made the woman's grin enlarge.

"Amanda Waller. And you are Lilith Lehnsherr, daughter of Erik Lehnsherr." She said. Lilith only smirked.

"You say that like it's some kinda secret when in reality, most of the world knows who I am. You ain't nothin' special, darlin." Lilith banged hard on the glass. It was something she often did to startle Griggs or any other guard she could get close enough to her cell. Amanda, however, didn't even flinch.

"Well then, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" Lilith clicked her tongue in amusement before gesturing to the small plastic chair that was behind her. Lilith quickly grabbed up her own chair and dragging it to the edge of the cell while Amanda took her own seat.

They sat there silently, both studying one another. The silence was eerie and disturbing. Any normal human being would be absolutely petrified being in the same room as these two.

"Your father murdered John F. Kennedy." Waller had been the first one to break the deafening silence.

"No, he didn't." Lilith was quick to reply. "He was trying to save him." Amanda crossed her arms tightly over her chest and let the topic go. She had only wanted to see how Lilith would react to her inquisition. And to her great surprise, she had said the exact same thing as her father had all those years ago.

"Your friend, Rick Flag," Amanda's breath got caught in her throat. How the everloving hell had Lilith known he second-in-command was there with her? "Oh, don't look so surprised." Lilith grinned widely. "I could sense the metal from that gun of his a mile away."

Amanda was quick to think up a response. "Then how did you know his name?" Lilith made a teasing clicking noise with her tongue as if mockingly scolding the woman.

"Please, Ms. Waller. We all have secrets we won't ever tell." Amanda was getting frustrated with the woman rather quickly but at the same time, she was incredibly intrigued.

"Then let me in on one of your secrets." Lilith's grin became even more dark and malicious looking. Amanda wasn't afraid to admit that she looked devilish at that moment.

"You wanna know a secret, Ms. Waller?" Amanda did nothing but stare. She could sense the cunningness within Lilith but she had absolutely no idea where she was going with this.

"Did you know that there are twelve different types of metals in the human body? And all of them are essential to the individual person." Amanda's eyes widened but when she went to call out for back-up, she found that she was both unable to move and unable to speak. She strained as hard as she could but there was no use in it.

"There's calcium, iron, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, and chlorine!" Lilith wore the grin of a madwoman and Amanda couldn't help but fear for her life. "And you wanna know how I know?" Amanda could neither nod nor shake her head. She knew she was only there to be an observer, that Lilith wanted some type of audience much like her father had before her.

"Well," Lilith reached back and pulled out a large book, practically shoving it into Amanda's face if the plastic hadn't already been there to seperate them. "Probably not the best idea to give a natural sciences book to a girl who can control metal." Amanda mentally cursed the idiot who had allowed her to get her hands on that book.

"HEY!" Lilith glanced over to the new voice, finding two people; one the greatly esteemed Colonel Rick Flag and the other, a guard who was brand new to the job. Lilith yanked Flag's gun from his deathly grip and sent it flying over the edge of the walkway and down into an unlit area of her prison.

Lilith raised another hand, pulling all the metal out from the new guard's body. He dropped dead to the floor with a thud.

Lilith laughed.

She pulled the metal toward her and just as she had begun to use the metal to form a bullet, something that could aid her in her great escape, the shock collar around her neck was activated, sending her to the floor. She writhed in pure agony and Amanda could finally move once more.

"Miss Lehnsherr," Amanda stood up from the plastic chair, a bit out of breath before smoothing out her crumpled pencil skirt and looking Lilith straight in the eyes as the girl laid on the floor in pain. "I have an offer for you despite that little display." She said.

Lilith glared hard at the woman through clenched teeth and green veins bulging out from her neck and arms. She wouldn't scream though. Lilith absolutely refused to show weakness. "I need your help."

Lilith's grin grew wide despite the pain her body wracked with. She used all the strength in her arms to support her weight so she wouldn't collapse as she stared up menacingly at the dark-skinned woman. A devillish smile overtook her features.

"What'a ya got in mind?"