Langst: Life Isn't Meant for Everyone

Psychiatrists are supposed to help you. Yet I'm wasting mine's time. She sits there week after week listening to me complain about my worthless life. A year of this and she finally says, "Life isn't meant for everyone."

     It's been four years since I last saw her and I'm stuck in a hunk of metal in space, her words running through my head like a broken record, unending. I sit here with my blaster in my hand, suicide note in my pocket, going over my life and my reasons for it betting this bad for me.

     I've never really been liked. A lonely boy from Cuba, emigrated from his home country to the promised land. Only to be thrown out by society and left to roam on my own and figure out things on my own. I made it to the Garrison and was then told to see the school's psychiatrist, now I'm here. Stuck in space with my friend, my hero, who hates me, and two others who hate me along with some aliens.

     I'm surprised I didn't do this earlier. I bring my blaster to my temple and pull the trigger. My body collapses to the ground in a heap. Footsteps rush to my door with frantic knocking on the door. With no answer, the door it forced open and Keith rushes in. He stills, face ghostly pale. He collapses to his knees with a blood curdling scream. He finds my note.

     Life isn't meant for everyone.