Chapter 13

Harry's POV - 

Stepping out of the shower, I was finishing getting dressed when I heard the door slam shut. Checking my watch, I wondered who had left the house at quarter to 12. Dropping my towel on the bed, I headed downstairs and into the kitchen, finding Louis and Niall sitting at the breakfast bar. 

"Who just left?" I asked, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Taylor just went out for a quick walk. I think she wanted to take it all in before she left in the morning." Niall answered.

Pausing when I heard that it was Taylor who had gone out, Louis caught my eye. He gave me a smile, and said "I think you should do it."

"What?" I said. 

"I know that look in your eye, Harry. You should go after her."

Niall had just got what Louis was talking about and was nodding excitedly, grinning broadly.

"Okay," I said, putting the apple down. "I'm going to do it!"

"Hang on," Louis stood up and went to the cupboard, where he pulled out a bottle of vodka. Quickly pouring me us all a shot, he slid mine across the counter to me. 

As the vodka burned my throat, I thought of the other thing Taylor left here the last time she was here, all curled up in a ball at the bottom of a drawer. Taking the stairs two at a time, I grabbed it out of my drawer and flew back down the stairs. Niall and Louis were waiting at the bottom, ans they pulled me into a hug, then practically shoved me out the door. 

As I walked down the driveway, I heard Louis say "I feel like a proud parent!" and when I turned he was fake sobbing on Niall's shoulder. Shaking my head and chuckling I continued out the gates. 

Taylor's POV -

England is so beautiful at night. In the quiet village that the boys lived in, you could see the stars shining down from above. When you are in the bustling cities of America, which I often am, you can hardly ever see the stars. All of the buildings get in the way and it is never truly peaceful. I was sitting on a bench on the sidewalk, just admiring the stars and peaceful night.

My ears picked up a noise; footsteps, coming towards me. I slowly turned my head, scared to think who would be out this late at night.

I sighed in relief when I saw it was Harry.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, standing up. He smiled, waving his hand to invite me to sit back down with him.

"I realized that I have been lying to myself" he started, looking up at the stars. My pulse quickened slightly, but I tried to stay calm.

"Can you elaborate?" he was looking at me now, and it took everything to keep my gaze steady, and not show I was nervous.

"I've been seeing you everyday for six months now, and not once did it occur to me that was going to happen. That this had to happen. You weren't going to leave without this happening" his gaze was still on me. I opened my mouth but he cut me off.

"Taylor. God, it's so obvious now, why did I not see it before?"

"See what, Harry? What are you banging on about?" I asked, genuinely worried now.

"I've still got this, you know" he said, pulling something out of his pocket. When he placed it into my hands, I saw it was my scarf. "That's how in love with you I am. I can't let that go. It reminds me of you."

I gasped quietly. If I wasn't mistaken Harry had just said that he still loved me. He sighed deeply and leaned forward, putting his elbows on his knees and resting his head in his hands.

"I love the stars" he told me. "Aren't they just so beautiful?"

"Yeah, they're really pretty" I said, then, wanting to get back to the topic "Harry, what were you talking about?"

Harry just stared at the sky for a bit, while I studied him. I eventually looked up, suddenly seeing a shooting star zooming across the sky. I jumped up, clapping my hands.

"Did you see the shooting star Harry?" I grasped his hand, pulling him up too. He nodded, smiling at my reaction. "

What did you wish for?" I asked him, watching his smile fade.

"You."