One: goodbye...

Jax pov

I run around my room, messily throwing clothes into my royal blue duffel bag, while wiping tears from my red swollen eyes.

"Jax, please open the door!" The tired, drowsy, and worried parent yells. I was adopted by Jenna Black when I was 3, and I loved her so much, but it wasn't until recently that she has been treating me horrible without even knowing it. I don't think she meant too, but she's been under a lot of stress because she didn't work and didn't really have money..

"No! Leave me alone" i scream, grabbing my almost broken phone charger, phone, and a few other necessities, before opening my bedroom window and slowly climbing out, jumping down and rolling so i don't get too hurt. I was saving up money for months, and i finally had around $800, from chores and my small little job cleaning, and sometimes cooking in the restaurant my grandmother owns.

I sigh, looking around at the small antique house that the Black's have had since before Jenna's auntie passed away. I smile gently, before turning around, sighing, and running off into the night..

I run and run, farther and farther away from the only home I've ever known. This is torture.. where am i even supposed to sleep?! I finally see an alley and I duck into it, seeing a blanket and pillow there.. I sigh, even though this is disgusting, I sit down on the blanket and I pull out my phone. I see the pixelated screen light up with texts and calls from Jenna, and my other "relatives". I put my phone on 'Do Not Disturb' and I open a game and start playing it, trying to entertain myself. Before I know it, I'm laying down and my eyes are shut, and I'm snoring away to the soft sound of the rain coming down that stressful night.

~Next morning~

I wake up from the screaming and honking of road rage, and I slowly get up while groaning and stretching my back. I grab my bag, and mentally thank whoever left the blanket and pillow. I sling my backpack on and I bite my lip gently, before turning around and walking away, going to find somewhere to make a little home.

I walk down the cold streets of Columbus Ohio, my wet jeans sticking to my thighs. I sigh to myself, knowing I'm going to have no home, friends, or family. I'm by myself.

Tears, once again, slip out of my blue/green eyes, I look around, seeing I've been walking for a while, and I whimper and plop down onto the cold cement, accidentally sitting on a nail. I flinch and roll my eyes.

I groan and grab the nail, throwing it across from me.

I rest my head against the wall, closing my eyes and I play with the hem of my hoodie.

"I don't know what we're gonna do, guys" I hear from behind the corner. My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, as I push myself off the ground with a little grunt.

I hear a quick gasp, and I hear all the people run off as fast as they can. There's definitely more than 2... I look behind the corner and I don't see anyone.. wow, they must be fast runners.

I shrug to myself before picking up my bags and attempting, once again, to find a shelter.

3rd pov

Jax walks around for around an hour, until he sees a small little tent. He furrows his eyebrows and walks up to it, opening it. He finds food, like granola bars, bags of chips, some water, and other foods that won't go bad.

He also sees a sleeping bag, a pillow, and a bag of clothes. He smiles to himself and jumps into the tent, zipping it shut as he curls up into the blanket.

"Finally" he chuckles to himself, grabbing the box of granola bars and taking one out, peeling the plastic and throwing it somewhere before eating the food. He looks around and sees girl clothes, and some boy clothes.

Jax wonders who lived here before.. he gets out of the tent and sees a pile of wood, and a campfire. He smiles and starts a fire, sitting on the log in front of it. He sticks his hands out to warm them up as he watches the flames go up and the wood turning charcoal black and grey.. little pieces of the grey wood fly up and go towards his face, getting on his clothes, and he inhales the smoke from the fire. The smoke would obviously make his clothes stench of campfire smoke, but he didn't care, he enjoyed the smell to be honest.

It's only around 3 in the afternoon, and Jax is super bored. He gets up, grabbing his phone and starting to walk around and enjoying the scenery.

Meanwhile, the 2 girls and the one boy, are running around, missing their homes but sadly, can't go back.

As the rain starts coming down, everyone hides and gets shelter.. Jax cuddles into the blankets inside the tent, and the other 3 sitting on a bus, not knowing where to go, but keeping out of the rain.

First chapter!! I rlly hope y'all enjoy it!! Share if you want to I'd be thankful.