Morning Chat

"You're up. Ready to get back at it?"

You glared at Koga who stood grinning on your front porch, already dressed for the day. You, however, were still in your pajamas, your hair no doubt a mess.

"Koga, it's dawn." you sighed.

"Exactly!" he smiled, not seeming to realize that most people are asleep at this time. "Now, hurry up and get dressed. Time's a-waistin'!"

"What do we even need to do that requires getting up so early?" You stifled a yawn as you let Koga into your house.

"Major Aizen requested we patrol the streets today, remember?" Koga said. "But first we have some business to take care of at Raccord. The sooner the better." You groaned loudly which only made Koga chuckle. After a quick breakfast and an attempt to comb your hair, you were ready to roll. You followed Koga down the empty streets of the Capital and no matter how many times you asked, he wouldn't tell you why you had to be at Raccord so early.

"You'll see when we get there." he said and you frowned at him. "Come on, don't give me that look."

"I'm mad at you." you mumbled, pouting like a child. "You got me up super early and you won't even tell me why." He shook his head, smiling at your behavior.

"I promise I'll make it up to you." he said. You two finally made it to Raccord and Koga held open the door for you as you stepped inside.

"SURPRISE!" a chorus of voices rang out and you jumped slightly. Raccord was decked out with streamers and balloons. A pile of presents sat on the counter and a freshly baked cake was ready to be sliced. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Y/N)!" Aoi, Ginnojo, Yura, Gaku, Nachi, Oji, Kuro, and Kuya all stood underneath a Happy Birthday banner smiling at you.

"Wh-What?" you finally managed to stutter out, turning to Koga. He shrugged, scratching the back of his head.

"You were so caught up with purifying the wraiths, you totally forgot your birthday was coming up. So I thought..." he trailed off, gesturing to the surprise party.

"You did this for me?" you asked, your smile growing. "Thank you, Koga." Koga smiled brightly and ushered you into the restaurant. After thanking everyone for their help and the presents, Aoi brought out a candle for you to wish on. You couldn't help but laugh as everyone belted out 'Happy Birthday' and you blew out the candle with the biggest smile on your face.

Everyone began to chatter amongst themselves, enjoying a slice of cake. You found yourself next to Yura and Gaku as Yura no doubt enjoyed his second slice of cake.

"What did thou wish for, Lady (Y/N)?" Yura questioned. What did you wish for? You found yourself glancing towards Koga and a smile formed on your lips.

"It's a secret."