1. Entrance exam

The sun is shining brightly upon the beige sand. The sounds of seagulls can be heard every so often. The waves slowly settle back down after a young boy moved them. This boy's name is (Y/N). He's been training his quirk on his own to prepare for the UA entrance exam. A few years ago, he had worked up the courage to ask some B-list heroes with water-type quirks for some pointers, but he had quickly been shut down. Even after showing them that he truly wanted to help other people later in his life, they had no interest in helping him. He became annoyed with them. Fighting the urge to call them fake heroes, he instead decided to just start practicing on his own. He didn't know whether or not he was allowed to use his quirk in private for training purposes, so he found a secluded spot on an unpopular beach where he wouldn't be seen and started training. 

After practicing moving giant waves for a few hours, (Y/N) picks up a cup he brought along and fills it with seawater. "Come on, please work this time." He has been trying to use a less-developed part of his water quirk: the part where he can change the properties of water. He hopes that this will help him be able to do more precision-focused things with his quirk. After successfully removing the salt from the water, he tries to change its taste by making it sweet. He eventually believes to have succeeded and prepares to down the drink. (Y/N) doesn't want to only take a small sip, believing downing the saltwater will help boost his motivation to do it correctly next time. "3... 2... 1..." he counts before he downs it. It's silent for a moment before a yell travels across the sand. "Yeah! I did it!" He collapses backward onto the sand, not realizing how much he's going to regret getting all the sand into his clothes later. He chuckles to himself while he watches the sunset.

It's been 4 months since that day. He's been training hard every day. He was so focused on his physical and quirk training that he had completely forgotten about the written test part of the entrance exam. He had remembered a week before the exam was supposed to take place, leading to a stress-filled week of cramming.  "It has all paid off though. I'm finally here at UA. I'm one step closer to becoming a hero. I won't disappoint you, mom!" he monologues in his head. He has a bad tendency to monologue. On this particular occasion, it had caused him to suddenly walk into someone. 

"Ribbit?"

|(Y/N) POV|

I look down and see a cute girl with big eyes, dark-green hair, and fairly big hands for a girl. She's slouching forward and she's quite short, especially compared to me. I'm 180 cm or a little under 5'11. I'd say she's at least the length of a standard ruler shorter than me. Anime has taught me that smoll is cute though. Oh fuck fuck fuck, I've been monologuing again. I need to say something. Anything. "H-hi!" I say, not realizing how loud I said it. 

|Third person POV|

"S-Sorry, I-I wasn't paying attention and I didn't mean to shout," he says while awkwardly looking away. "Fuck, this is what a life filled with only training and watching anime does to one's social confidence," he thinks to himself.

"It's okay, it didn't hurt or anything," she reassures him, "but you should really watch where you're going."

(Y/N) sweatdrops a bit in embarrassment at her bluntness. "I-I will."

It then suddenly pops into his mind that he has no clue where to go. He starts debating with himself about whether or not to ask her if she knows where to go. After he finally decides to ask her, he sees her already rounding a corner at the opposite side of the corridor. "Well, shit"

|Third Person POV|

After walking around for a long time, (Y/N) finally finds where he was supposed to go. As he enters the room, he sees the girl he met earlier but decides against sitting next to her. Instead opting to take a seat in the back row to the complete left.

Present Mic starts speaking , "are you readayyyyyyy?!" No one responds. "You will all be doing 10-minute mock battles in your designated areas. Do you all understaaaanddd?" Silence again. "Alright Alright Alright, let's take a look at the villains that you'll be fighting. There are 3 types of robots, they all have a different difficulty level. Pick carefully because the more difficult robots give more points. Attacking other examinees or doing anything unheroic is a UA no-no."

"Excuse me, I have a question," shouts a fairly tall person with glasses, "on the printout, you've listed 4 types of villains and not three. With all due respect, if this is an error on official UA material then it's shameful. And you, the green-haired kid over there," he points to a kid with messy green hair, "you've been muttering this entire time. Stop that.  If you can't bother taking this seriously then leave. You're distracting the rest of us."

"Alright examinee 7111, thanks for calling in with your request. The fourth villain is worth 0 points, he's just an obstacle. There is one in every battle center, you should try to avoid him." 

"Thank you very much, please continue," says the tall person with the glasses.

|(Y/N) POV|

I look at the printout and see that I'm in battle center C. "I wonder what battle center that girl is in," I think to myself, "she seemed nice."

After walking out of the room, I try my best to find battle center C. I eventually managed to find it, although I was one of the last people to arrive. I look at all the people that have been gathered here and see the girl again. I don't know why I keep trying to find her in these crowds. I suppose she does have a certain appeal.

''WOW, this place is massive'' ''It's like a real city'' I hear a couple of people say, while I'm trying to figure out what difficulty of robots I want to focus on. I guess just destroying whatever robots come across my path makes sense.

''RIGHT, LET'S START. THERE ARE NO COUNTDOWNS IN REAL BATTLES. GET MOVING!'' Present Mic shouts.

"I'll do my best to win this, I WILL become a hero!" (Y/N) says to himself.

---------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed this rewritten chapter! I personally think it's way better than the original one.

Have a nice day!