Chapter 29: It's Over

As per usual: this isnt edited <3

______________________________________________________________________________________

Dammit. She had aged so much since I was 8. Her blonde hair had lengthen and is more straight. I watched as she walked closer to Freddie. She had a hint of a limp to her left leg and she had a very large teeth mark on the side of her neck. Marlisa took a step forward and wrapped her arm around Freddie's.

"Mum" I said softly. How is she alive? Last time I checked she was dead... 

“How are you still alive?” Freddie asked. I watched as he wrapped his arm around Marlisa waist. How is she still alive? I felt my heart clench tightly and oxygen stop coming through my body.

“Breathe” Jay whispered in my ear. A force a rushed air into my body, my blood pumping quickly into my heart. 

"I'm alive because life takes a course which neither you nor I could of imagined. I’m alive because the second we found you on boarder line, I had planned your life in my head, but could never fully develop it until you met your mate. See the funny thing is, I thought, after I had Rose and Tyler placed into parent's dungeon, I honestly thought you would have backed off" 

I looked at her wary. "So this was some sick, psycho plan of yours? What did you think would happened after is found out you nearly, almost destroyed my life? I would come and follow you and your sick mind?" 

"Yeah I thought so" she said. She took a step forward, her left leg becoming weak. She had been walking on it for a while now. Using her fingers, she combed her hair back. How could she do this? This woman sang me lullabies to get me to sleep, made me mac and cheese when I got sick because it was my favourite food in the world. She hugged me when I was sad and laughed with me when I was happy. How could she do this to me?

"Do you hear yourself right now? Probably not! There is no chance that I would leave the man that I love and the friends that have become family for some ... I don't even know what to call it"

"Well that a shame, if I say so myself" Hannah said smirking. What is on about? I arched my eyebrow and looked at her.

"And why is that?" 

"Bring her out' Hannah said as she flicked her fingers into the air. A few seconds later, two men, dressed in all black came out carrying a woman. She looked like hell. Her hair dry as sand, her face was blooded and blotched. Her lips looked like she had eaten too much chilli. Her arms were bound from behind with thick rope. Who is this woman? 

"Alana!" I whipped my head toward Steve, who came running from where he was towards me. Jay grabbed Steve by the shoulders, making him stop. He trashed around, trying to get to this woman. I walked over to him and softly placed a hand on his shoulder. His eyes shifted to mine. 

"Who is she?" I asked, looking into his eyes. 

"She's my wife and mate" I said loudly. I turned around and looked at Hannah. The smile on her face wanted me to rip her face of her. Alana looked horrified. 

"Let her go!" I yelled. Hannah just shook her head. "Let her go. We trade. Her for me"

"Are you sure about that, little child?" Jay grabbed my shoulder and looked at me. Hurt and anger in his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I placed my hand on chest, feeling his heartbeat through his shirt. It was beating really fast, but started to return it its normal pace. I looked into his eyes, I brought my hands towards his cheek and started stroking it. I mouthed 'I love you'.

"BLAKE. NOW!"

An arrow pierced through the air, directly into Alana's hands. In time, she pushed her body forward a little forward and the arrow broke though the ropes and stuck into the bottom of the chair. I turned around and watch as Blake reloads his bow and steps out of the shadows. Blake released another arrow in the sights of Hannah. She must have been anticipating this because she dodged to her left and pulled out a gun and started shooting at Blake. The hunters came running forwards and shooting arrows at Hannah and the two men. I watched as Steve ran passed me and grabbed Alana. It was a blood match. Hannah kept on missing the arrows and the claws that kept coming her way. I had killed at least five of her men and was in the middle of killing another when I heard the antagonising moan which clenched and broke my heart into pieces.

Jay was lying on the ground. His knees bent and his arms laid defensively at his side. Hannah stood directly on top of him, holding a blade to his throat. He looked at me, his eyes fogging up with tears.

“Say goodbye to your little mate” Hannah smirked. I watched hopelessly in fear. A knife pierced through the air and struck Hannah in the back. She tumbled forward. Almost landing on Jay. He moved slightly to his left as she landed face first onto the concrete floor. Everyone seemed to have stopped fighting as a man came forever holding another knife in his left hand. He walked past me and headed straight towards Hannah. When he reached her, he swapped his knife for a gun and put two bullet into Hannah’s head. He pulled Jay up and wrapped his arm around his side and helped him walk toward me.

“I take it your Lexi?” the man asked. I nodded slowly “It’s good to meet you. I’m Kaiden. Alexis mate. My mother is … was Hannah, so that makes us brother and sister. I’ve been trying to find you for ages, but I had bitch tracking my every move for the last 10 months. I guess all I can say is: It’s over”

 _________________________________________________________________________________________

 This isn't the last chapter of the book

Jess xx