Chapter 3

"Do you like it, sweetie?" dad asked, waking me up from my admiring.

"It's gorgeous!"

I probably looked like I got ten million dollars in cash by now, since my mouth was slightly open and my eyes were racing from one piece of furniture to another.

"Well, it's yours! I'll leave you alone now, and if you need anything, feel free to come downstairs. I'm not going to sleep soon, so don't worry," he said, grinning.

I smiled and nodded.

"You know I love you, right?" he said, sounding serious.

I nodded again, still smiling as I pulled him into a hug, "Love you too, Dad."

He left the room with a smile on his face, closing the door behind him.

I pulled my charger out of my handbag and put it into the socket, plugging in my phone. Smiling as it began charging, I opened the suitcase where my clothes were and looked for a pair of black shorts and an oversized white T-shirt with a black Adidas logo. I dug my toilet bag out and dragged myself to the bathroom.

First, I brushed my teeth and then stripped my clothes off, locking the door behind me. I took my shampoo and a shower gel out of my bag and hopped into the shower.

After I spent about 30 minutes washing my body, my hair and shaving my legs, I got out of the shower.

There was a towel stand next to the shower and there was plenty of clean towels on it.

I grabbed one of the larger ones and dried myself, then grabbed a smaller one and dried my hair. I wrapped it around my hair and got dressed.

After I was in my 'pajamas', I unwrapped my hair and brushed it.

I was always happy my hair wasn't tangled or curly so I could easily brush it even though it was pretty long.

It was dark and silky, flowing even a little below my chest. I loved my hair.

I decided I wasn't in the mood to blow dry it, so  I let it dry naturally.

I grabbed my dirty clothes and put it in the hamper. Then, I unlocked the door and walked back into my bedroom.

I checked the time on my phone. 8.25 in the evening.

The sun had set already, considering the fact it was mid August. There was dim light from the street lights outside gently illuminating my room. Other than that, it was dark.

I decided I was going to unpack, so I turned on the light and put on some music.

I threw my suitcase containing my clothes on my new bad and I began to hang them into my fancy new wardrobe.

I was in the middle of hanging a pair of ripped light-washed jeans when I got disturbed by a fairly silent knock on the door.

I wasn't sure I wasn't imagining it at first, so I ignored it. But I was sure after I heard it again.

I opened my door.

There was this brown-haired guy I saw downstairs earlier, standing in front of me.

He was quite a bit taller than me and he had dark eyes, somewhere between blue and green while mine were dark brown.

I think his name is Joshua?

"Um, hi?" I said, looking awkwardly at the dude in front of me.

"I figured you might be hungry so I brought you some brownies my mom made earlier. Can I come in?"