2

"Time is up." His voice held the tone of an experienced commander as he looked over the group of already shocked faces with cold amusement. The two characters behind him with both of their left hands reaching in their coats, non discernible expressions beyond matching cocky grins. "Jwocpu." He tipped his chin up as he spoke the code, hands pulling out of their hiding spots in a gesture of a relaxed shrug. Moving with slow deliberate steps around the backs of the board members.

"I guess I was wrong," Mr. Billion spoke with little care. "There is intelligence on this blue and green gem." He eyed the two men at the front as he continued strolling to the back of the room. "Who was it? That cracked our native tongue?" He asked sounding almost eager, a grin spreading across his face, showing a set of sharp teeth that glowed in the dimly lit side of the room.

Dipper and Stanford shared a concerned glance. What would happen if he knew?

"Well don't keep me in suspense." Mr. Billion huffed with a dramatic eye roll, pausing his steps. "I'm curious to know who has potential."

Potential?

Finally, Dipper stepped forward again closer to the table. "I did it." He declared with forced calm.

Icy blue eyes squinted at him for a moment then the grin returned almost splitting his face in half. "And who are you intern?" He asked slowly, testing each word as he said them.

Dipper's grip tightened around his tablet, an action that didn't go unnoticed, he kept a schooled expression. "Mason Pines, sir." Stanford looked at the young man with surprise of his answer.

Mr. Billion squinted at him again as if judging whether or not the truth was spoken, silent for several moments.

"Who are you?" Dipper asked, cutting through the silence.

Another moment of silence, then, the corner of his mouth twitched, he continued his leisurely pace to the back of the room. "That's fair, I suppose." He spoke quietly, looking away from the intern for but a minute. "I am Billion, a Hivemind entity. I am but one of a... A few units of other Hiveminds working together. Also known as "Brother Y.""

"Hivemind?" One of the researchers asked catching Billion off guard.

The admitted alien took a moment to compose himself again. "Believe me I know movies and books don't give our race much accuracy or a good image. But, I can guarantee none of us need to vomit into your mouth to gain control over your will." He gave a shudder in disgust. "It could be as simple as a handshake," he leaned against one of the chairs at the table, terrifying the board member seated in it, "or even a slight brush upon flesh." Saying that, he leaned in close to the board member.

Then, he stood up straight again walking away from the trembling creature. "But that is only if I so desire to." Billion chuckled waving a hand in the air. "But anyway madam general," he finally reached the farthest seat at the table, gripping the back cushion of the chair.

"Where was I?" He asked lightheartedly tapping his chin with a knuckle of his free hand. "I was wrong. Intelligence -oh right ..." He nodded coming to a conclusion with his thoughts, focusing back on the General, his eyes beginning to glow pale blue. "I've seen some pretty miserable planets, but this one? By far the worst!"

He yanked back the chair as he said that, scaring the woman in it causing her to whip her pistol from its holster and stab the barrel of the pistol into his forehead. Billion only grinned wider silently daring the woman to pull the trigger. "Afraid, madam general?" He asked softly in a mocking tone. "Good." Slowly, he raised a hand to touch hers.