Chapter 14: Waking Up to Familiar Faces

******Daniel's POV******

Dream Sequence....

Daniel is sitting next to Sara a top a fallen log, the two of them chatting amicably. The four siblings had went out to the land of Faerie today to take some time to enjoy peace and serenity. A meadow like landscape stretches out in front of them now, the scent of flowers and pine making his nose itch.

Cursed allergies, he rubs at his nose.

A lake stretches out in the middle of this clearing, with Pippa and Harry making hairpin turns across the deep blue water. The two younger siblings' laughter echoes in the open space so that the sound finds its way to his ears. He grins up at the two, hoping beyond hope that they can continue their merriment for a little while longer.

"Dark times are ahead. Your father must be reawakened to fight them."

Raziel's words echo in his mind like a powerful gunshot. The Angel had been adamant of some oncoming threat that they would have to face. Daniel didn't know as to what it might be, but if it required an Archangel to defeat it then the matter must be serious.

Father's resurrection had to happen, it was an unavoidable fact. Unfortunately however, just because Father wasn't around currently didn't mean the world had stopped turning. There was still dangers to face; one danger in particular hit to close to home. Which leads us to here.

"Are you sure this plan will work? What if we're not supposed to fight them yet again." Daniel asks. He wasn't the headstrong character his twin is, and Sara constantly reminded him of that fact at every turn.

Sara's hazel eyes flick to him. The green flecks inside her eyes are extra vibrant today, likely because of all the nature surrounding them. This was a rare occasion going to Faerie not on business, but they all would agree that it was a worthwhile one. You just can't find nature as undisturbed by humans as this place on earth.

"Dan, you and I both know that if we don't stop the Dark Order now they'll just continue to grow in power. They'll cause chaos wherever they go too. Don't you remember what happened with Da?" She asks this question rhetorically.

They both knew there was no way in Edom that he would forget the day father's grace was shattered. That day marked possibly the worst moment in his entire life. The four siblings had watched on helplessly as their father tore through the group of dark, fallen angels attempting to tear him limb from limb.

There had been so many monsters with blackened wings, too many for father to fight alone. And yet he refused to let us help. For a while I was angry at him, but now I understand that he only did it to protect us.

To this day he still isn't totally sure as to why the brigade of fallen angels was after their father. The group had said that Remiel had a weapon they desire, but neither Daniel's father nor the heinous group revealed as to what that weapon was.

"Of course I remember. I'm just saying that this group is super dangerous, and we're not a hundred percent certain that your plan will work." He admits this with no pleasure.

Telling Sara she might be wrong about one of her own plans was like kicking a beehive of angry, buzzing bees. The result was a massive searing pain that lasted for hours. Usually Pippa was the stubborn one of the group, the one that had to be talked out of doing dangerous things.

But if you tell Sara she's wrong there's no guarantee you won't get your head bitten off. At the very least, Daniel being Daniel wouldn't be argued with quite as ferociously by his twin. And yet Sara would still argue, and it would not be pleasant.