Blast

Imagine your life has been turned upside down by tragedy and deception. Could you pick up the pieces and start over?

What a naïve concept – starting over. No one ever really starts over. Sure, you can learn from past mistakes and let those lessons guide your future. But you can't go back. There's no changing the past. Lies are still out there. You've still been betrayed. The ones you lost are still gone.

So there's no real way to start over because old wounds can always be reopened. The scars will always be visible just beneath the surface, no matter how hard you try to hide them.

There's no escape.

A whisper here. A glance there. Little lies everywhere.

They turn the average person into a full blown conspiracy theorist.

Most of the time it's delusions or overactive imaginations which drive these people. However, every once in a while there's a reason to pause and consider there may be a thread of truth in the lies, and a lie in the most believable of facts.

What happens when you find out that your entire life has been nothing but lies? What if you weren't normal, or unique? What if your life was meant for some higher purpose?

You're left wondering if one girl can really put an entire town on edge.

The answer may just surprise you.

When an entire town is harboring one of the scariest secrets in the country, possibly even the world, and that girl has the ability to hold their fate in her hands, it isn't such an outrageous notion.

Serenity Falls, California, was a conspiracy nut's dream. If one knew what to look for, that is. They'd held onto the façade of the perfect idyllic getaway town for almost twenty years. Beneath its surface though, was something dark that had 'GOVERNMENT COVERUP' written all over it.

Now, it was up to one girl to find the truth. Only she had the power to save them all. Or to bring their destruction.

Just one problem – she had no idea what she was in for when she drove into the sleepy little town.

——
Author's Note: Thanks for reading!

If you liked this first chapter, be sure to like, comment, and add to your reading list!

This story, along with New Beginnings, are in competition to see which one I will be continuing here. Whichever doesn't get picked will be available on Patreon for subscribers at the Sorcerer level!

You can check out New Beginnings here: https://my.w.tt/AvWIk4d02Y