Chapter 58

"You should go freshen up." maama told Bilqees who wouldn't move an inch from aunt Ma'u, they've not really said anything, they only stayed in each other's embrace feeling each other's warmth and looking at each other's features from time to time as if still in disbelief.

"Yes maama." She smiled broadly as she got to her feet dreamily. She can almost not feel the tiles she's walking on it all feels surreal.

Maama stared at her in amazement, she's just realized that Bilqees hasn't been her happiest with them. She must feel complete now that she has found her relatives.

Bilqees's eyes met Maama's, a little lost in thought.

She walked to where Maama stood by the stairs and hugged her from behind.

"Maama is everything ok. I hate to see you worried." She mumbled.

"Everything is fine dear. It makes me happy to see you so happy." She replied with a smile.

Bilqees stared at Aunt Ma'u whose eyes was on the TV with a smile.

"I could only be this happy because of the sacrifices you've made for me."

"Flatterer." She muttered to Bilqees's hearing.

Bilqees laughed hard gaining aunt ma'u's attention who flashed her a smile.

She smiled back and headed to her room for a wash.

Maama and Aunt Ma'u sat for a chat as Aunt ma'u explained to her Bilqees's birth and how sweet she was as a child, while Maama told her of Bilqees's teenage years.

With Bilqees as the topic, they bonded easily and laughed at each other's story.

One could tell that this is just the beginning of a new relationship.

**

Bilqees washed up and sat in her room, staring at Aunt Ma'u's bag as everything that had happened earlier came rushing to her.

"Ya Haidar." She jumped.

She fished her phone from her purse and dialled his number.

"Salaam alaikum." His rich voice rang through her ears, making her smile sheepishly.

"Wa alaikum as salaam. Good afternoon ya Haidar." She greeted with her eyes closed as she imagined his beautiful face smiling at her.

"Good afternoon Mrs Haidar." He replied giddily. Seeing her reaction earlier made him realize that he really did the right thing by finding Aunt Ma'u.

She giggled happily and laid on her stomach with her feet in the air.

"How are you feeling now. You know you almost gave me a heart attack." He spoke worriedly.

"Sorry." She pouted cutely. It still amazes her how she becomes when she's with him, all lovey and mushy.

"How are you, you must be very tired."

"I am exhausted. I'm at a friend's house now. I'll leave for Kano tomorrow morning."

She nodded.

"Tell me something. How did you do it all. How did you keep all this to yourself and pull it off so well. By the way how did you find aunt Ma'u."

"Shh, hold on tiger, one question at a time." He laughed heartily.

"I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself if I spoke to you all the time, so I had to minimize our conversations. I asked Kubura of your hometown and she told me. I didn't ask you cos I don't want you to be suspicious."