Chapter 7

I was at the freaking wedding. Towing behind Danielle as she walked down the aisle in her big white wedding gown. She looked magnificent. Which is a word that I hardly use. I kept emotion from my face and tried to keep it blank. Expressionless. But not cold. More of a relaxed but tensed expression. I know, that doesn't make any sense. I made the mistake of wearing navy blue converses with my dress. This was a wedding for shit's sake. I should've worn a pair of Jessica's heels since I don't own any.
But when Danielle saw the converses, her face lit up. She said that it looked really cool with the dress and she's glad that there's at least something different at her wedding. She wasn't mad. She looked like she admired it. Like I said a hundred times before, she's too nice to hate. Or even dislike.
     Tons of people that I didn't know were watching Danielle in awe as she glided down the isle towards the alter. A few of them were crying and dabbing their tears with handkerchiefs. Who even carries those around these days?
       We were nearing the alter, where Benny was standing with his hands clamped behind him and he wore a small side ways smile. Us maids let go of the trail of skirt behind Danielle and took our places while Danielle stood across form Benny. Unfortunately, Benny was facing us so I could see his face and not Danielle's. So I tried not to look at the two for my eyes would definitely get stuck on the groom.
         The priest starts to speak but I can barely hear him. I'm zoned out as always. At times like these, I don't bother to pay attention. I can't wait pay attention. There's too much raking in my brain to even focus. My heart was tore in two and all I wanted to do is peace this fucking wedding and call it a day. I wanted to go back to Florida and stay there forever.
Finally they got to the I do part. I forced myself to pay attention and look up.
"Danielle Wheeler, do you take Benjamin to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest turned to Danielle. Danielle lit up, looking as innocent and beautiful as an angle.
"I do," she said without any hesitation.
"And Benjamin Rodriguez, do you take Danielle to be your lawfully wedded wife?" I flickered my gaze over to Benny and we locked gazes. I couldn't tell what Benny expression said or what his eyes were seeming to tell me. But he hesitated. For way too long. Danielle's smile wobbled. Benny and I held our gaze. I'm not sure if anyone noticed what was happening. But then, Danielle's gaze shifted to me and her smile faltered for a quick second.
He eyes flickered from me to Benny until her lips shaped in an o.
"I see," she said, her voice tinted with understanding. I hated doing this to her. I felt like an evil person. But I couldn't help but feel happy at the same time. Benny hesitated for me. When I told him that marrying Danielle would be the best thing.
Benny broke our stare and turned to Danielle with an apolitical look.
"I'm so sorry Danielle. But there's someone out there for you. You will find your real true love who loves you and only you. But I'm afraid, that person is not me," his shoulders dropped. Surprisingly, Danielle gave him a small sad smile.
"Benny, I'm not as oblivious as everyone thinks I am. I saw the way you look at Sam and how she looks at you. I know that you two had a past and this field means more to you and Sam than it does to me. You two deserve each other. And yes I will still care for you but we aren't meant to be. And I knew that the moment I saw you and Sam. I will find my happiness someday but today, I want you to find yours. More than anything," her smile was no longer sad but happy. She was happy. I was stunned as Danielle whispered into the priest's ear and stepped back from Benny. She smiled at me giddily and gently took my hand and placed it into Benny's. The crowd gasped. And I think I did too.
I felt terrible. This was supposed to be Danielle's day. But by the looks of it, she looked more happy than she did when her hand was the one that was placed in Benny's. She was also, looking past us, at some young man in the crowd. He had curly blonde hair and grey eyes. His dimples were showing as he stared back at Danielle with a large happy smile. I glanced back at Danielle who was looking longingly at him. Am I missing something or does it look like Danielle is in love?
Benny dropped down to one knee in front of me and my eyes grow wide.
"Samantha Mae Walker, will you marry me?" He had a cocky edge to his voice as he looked up at me mischievously. I smirk and raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, baseball boy, I will marry you."
Benny's face lit up as he rose to his feet and the priest cleared his throat.
"Benjamin Rodriguez, do you take Samantha to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
Benny nods, "I do."
"And Samantha Walker, do you take Benjamin to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"Always And forever."
"Well then, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," and on that note, the priest closed his book and the crowd cheered as Benny's lips connected to mine. A spark ran through my bones. It only lasted a second before Benny pulled away smiling, leaving me breathless.
"Dancing time!" Someone in the crowed cheered. I was in a daze. This all happened so quickly. Benny and I got married! That means that he's now my husband and we'll spend the rest of our life together and maybe have children and I would live in his mansion with him. It was all too much. We'll be husband and wife, playing together on the Dodgers. Now how fucking cool is that?!
       I feel a hand slip into mine and I look over at Benny who was staring down at me with amusement.
       "You look a possessed old women," he states as my eyes shoot to him.
       "What?!" I creased my brows in confusion. He laughs at my expression and pulls me to the dance floor, not answering my 'what'. We were the first people to dance, right in the middle of everything. I was kind of self conscious because I couldn't dance for my life. Benny has to hold back a laugh every time I stepped on his feet. I buried my face into his shoulder to hide my red embarrassed face. Everyone was watching my terrible dancing. I must look so stupid.
     I lift my head up slightly for a second to see that Danielle was just gliding onto the dance floor with the blonde haired boy from earlier. He was quite handsome and I looked between the two as they stare into each other's eyes while Danielle was blushing like crazy. Who was this dude?
      "You are such a terrible dancer," Benny whispered into my ear as everyone started to make their way onto the dance floor. I roll my eyes.
       "Well if we had some good up beat music than maybe I would dance better," I chuckle.
      "Yeah sorry, Danielle wanted a traditional wedding waltz thang," he shrugged. I slap my forehead.
       "Benny, I think you mean she wanted the first dance to be a slow dance. What the hell is a traditional wedding waltz thang?" I tease him as he waves a hand.
        "Oh you know what I meant."
        "Yeah okay, but let's change the music now. This is boring as shit," I mutter and I don't wait for him to answer as I pull away from him and march over to the Dj who was just chilling in the corner as the orchestra played the slow song. He perked up when he saw me approaching.
       "Yo, can you play some Eminem or something?" I requested. He instantly smiled and put on his headphone as I went to walk back over to Benny who wore a side ways smile.
      "Lemme guess, Eminem?" He took my hand as Rap God By Eminem started blasting through the speakers. I looked around as the older people looked around in confusion. DeNunez started to do some funky hip hop dance move while Jessica grabbed my hand, ripping me away from Benny and we started to bust out some moves too. And just like that, the once slow classic wedding dance, turned into a club dance floor. Not the old people of course. That would be scarring.
I danced the night away and I was soon glad that I didn't wear heels to this thing. Who the hell knew I was getting married today?! I look over to see Danielle making out with the blonde guy. My eyes get wide in shock and I can't help but chuckle. Everyone looked so happy. As I looked around at all my friends, DeNunez and his wife, Jessica, Andrew, and Danielle, I saw my family. They were my family now. I was no longer in a lonely isolated life. I was here, at my wedding which wasn't suppose to happen. Dancing with my new Husband. Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez. Well I guess now I'm Samantha Mae Rodriguez.
I stare into Benny's eyes, stuck in a trance. I saw memories of the sandlot flash through my mind. That was so long ago. When we were just innocent kids, playing ball. How funny is that? We got our happy endings after all. Benny connected our lips once again as I leaned into him. And it was all because of baseball.

The End