chapter 6

She is so happy tonight, feeling over cloud nine, this was all what she desired, she was waiting for this day for so long. There was a big grin on her lips but her eyes...there was warm tears in her chocolatey eyes, but this time she was really enjoying her tears, they were running out of happiness, out of excitement. She had never experienced such feeling ever before in her life. She is so excited to have that euphoric moment with Mark at forthcoming dinner .
   She goes upstairs and brushes her teeth, she puts on a fruit mask on her face , as she wanted to have a beauty sleep tonight , cuz she doesn't wanna go before Mark with her puffy eyes and tired face.Before getting in bed she opens window of her room , staring all twinkling stars she tries to find her mom amongst them. Missing her mom badly few tear droplets run down on her cheeks.

Iris' POV...

     See mom ! I'm so happy today, finally...yes... finally I'm really happy today, I haven't been happy since you left me alone here to cry on. I was just a six years old baby when you left me. I never forget your face the moment you were leaving me, there was a mask on your mouth, how severely you were panting for a life breathe..you were holding my tiny hands with one of your hand , and other was on my head caressing me with shaking hand. You were barely able to open your eyes but I could feel mom...you wanted to stay with me for so long , but...cruel destiny never gets late in her timings...  In between your  gasping you asked me never to cry..never to feel weak, then suddenly the whole hospital was shaken with my screams, as if you would come back hearing me, but no mom...you never come..your little princess was alone ...all ..all alone, except aunt Julia who took care of me after you.she s so nice mom ...but mum ! I miss you...I miss you mom...
Laying alone in bed she hugs her teddy as she has become a baby again. her idea of having beauty sleep was lost somewhere. Her eyes were not willing to doze off. Again that creepy feelings are hovering her mind. It's so true a single memory comes with chains of memories itself and it ties so hard never to let go.
  Iris is suffering from  cherophobia, yes she usually get scared with being happy, her bad childhood memories never let her be that. She hardly enjoys single moment without fearing that it will everlast.
She is scared of her own happiness.
"....oh God !...spare me with such feelings again...I don't want something bad to be happen this time again. Why this creepy thought not leaving me alone... suddenly this much happiness...what if something bad gonna be tomorrow...! Ahhh ...my heart is aching so badly...my mind...it has stopped thinking something else but only those haunting things..."
She is freaking out with such state of mind.. rambling in her room..she feels strong dizziness and get fainted.