~prologue~

"Get back here, you bloody behemoth!"

"Don't let her get away, she holds too much value!"

"Don't get too close to the thing! She'll snap you in two!"

"Try to keep her in one piece!"

That was all you heard behind you as you ran as fast as you could through the seemingly endless woods. You huffed and puffed, occasionally glancing behind you as you ran, hoping they'd give up, lose sight of you, or knock over the occasional tree to slow them down. but from the looks of it, you weren't getting off that easy.

Oh no.

You you were a (color) bewear, imported all the way from another region, just to be used for your lethal physical strength for their own personal gain.

Normally, you'd have virtually no problem with turning around and trying to take out as many as you can, using your powerful fuzzy arms to crush, smash and whack your assailants into next week for the trouble they've caused, but you couldn't risk it.

Not with an unborn cub, you couldn't.

One slip up and it could be over for you and your little one.

Besides, you wanted to live on for the sake of your mate, (mate name), who sacrificed himself to set you free. He managed to break you and himself free of your binds, and created a big enough distraction for you to slip away. You could still remember his roars of agony and the clamoring of people attempting to take him down.

You got misty eyed, knowing full well his death wasn't quick and easy. So by arceus, you HAD to escape.

He was NOT to die in vain.

After what felt like forever, the clamoring behind you faded into silence, and to took cover behind a thick tree.

In a distance you heard them swearing and cussing to themselves as they had lost sight of you. With a vow to find you, they turned around and returned to their base, grumbling to themselves in defeat.

You sighed in relief to yourself and slowly slid down the trunk, sitting on the ground in exhaustion. You take a moment to glance down and rub your midsection. While it wasn't very visible aside from a small swell, you were about 8 months along now. And from the delicate movement you felt, it was clear that you weren't the only one who was distressed.

All this stress isn't good for you, is it...? You thought sadly, offering a gentle rub to your tum. Don't worry... we're safe now. After a while the movement died down, and you heaved a soft exhale through the nose. I just wish I knew how long...

You take a glance from behind the tree to be sure you weren't being scrutinized and got up. We just gotta lay low until I figure out what to do...

You wrap an arm tenderly over your belly and walk forward, not used to the cold night air. You sniff the air a bit, before yawning. better find shelter for the night...

After much walking, you come across an abandoned den under a log. You slowly crawled beneath it curled up protectively around your swollen tum, and let your eyes fall shut.

Even with the cold emptiness of not having your mate at your side, you fell asleep rather quickly.