i

Bright smirks when the microphone is passed to him by Kongpob's father. He waited for more than nine years for this opportunity.

     The sound system at the venue produces two loud thuds when he taps the microphone to test if it works, albeit unnecessarily.

     "Hi!" The greeting is uncharacteristic coming from him.

     Everyone faces Bright, waiting for him to start his speech. He was asked to start the train of "a few words" for the newlyweds.

     "Most of you already know me, but to those who don't, it's your loss."

     Chuckles resound throughout the dining hall. Everyone is in a good mood; the lights and decor surrounding them match their joyous atmosphere.

     "Arthit..." He raises his glass to him. "Congratulations. Who would have thought you'd be the first one to marry in our group?"

     Arthit makes a face, both curious and nervous of what Bright is up to.

     "You see," the latter addresses the audience. "I'm the one who helped Arthit announce his love for Kongpob."

     By his side, Prem covers face with his hand. He's heard this story too many times already...

--

     "Bright, can't you drive faster?"

     "Ai'Arthit, we're already almost above the speed limit!"

     Arthit steadied his body against the backrest of his seat. They were coming all the way from Chiang Mai to the Thank You party at their faculty.

     "Don't worry, Arthit. We will get there on time," Knott reassured him.

     It was just a while ago that Arthit talked to Knott. Bright didn't know what they talked about, but Arthit hurried everybody to go back to Bangkok after their talk. He guessed it's about Arthit's relationship with Kongpob, which the two were still keeping but they all already have a clue of.

     The two were not really good at hiding their relationship. Those stolen glances, Arthit's flushed cheeks whenever Kongpob was around, the kisses they "accidentally" saw at the back of the gymnasium, it's almost as if the two were giving it away. So it came to the point that almost all of their friends know they're dating, even though the two were severely oblivious of their knowledge.

     Bright checked Knott in the backseat through the mirror, and the latter gave him a knowing look. Understanding what it means, Bright decided to speed up his driving to please their prince, who probably couldn't wait to be with his own prince.

     The said prince felt relief when they reached the city. He checked his watch, and they still had time. Bright was about to turn to their university's street when Arthit stopped him.

     "Bright, wait!"

     Bright stopped the car in the middle of the road.

     "Can you drive straight to my dorm? I just need to get something," Arthit said in an urgent tone.

     Again, Bright looked at Knott in the rearview mirror since the car was his. Knott gave him a nod, so he resumed driving straight.

     "Thanks, Bright," Arthit said.

     "Just make sure I get to be there on time for my chocolates," Bright said with a smirk.

     As they pulled up in front of Arthit's dorm, Arthit quickly untangled himself from the seatbelt. "Give me three minutes," he said. He stormed inside and climbed up to his floor. After unlocking his door in no time, he went straight to his bedside drawer and grabbed the things he needed.