3️⃣: Feelings Unleashed

J: hello?... Jacob what's wrong?... why?... he wants to talk to you *handing me the phone*

S: what do you want?

Jocab: just listen don't talk I only have a minute. From the first time i heard about you I knew you were somebody I saw myself with even giving up the game for but your man Yazz took that away from me when he found I out I was making a bid for you. And when I saw you in the park I knew I had to have you. There was only one way I was going to get, if Yazz was dead. So I did what I had to do to get want I wanted. Even though I didn't get you I was happy I didn't have to watch Yazz show you off everywhere I turned.

?: 30 seconds

Jocab: i love you and I'm in love with you even if you don't love me back Put me on speakerphone

I put him on speak hold the phone away from my ear.

Jocab: joce I love you and meerah both and don't let her for get about me

After he said that we heard a single gunshot and the phone line go dead. I hit the breaks dropping Jocelyns phone in the process.

J: nooo! JOCAB!

You could hear the sadness in her voice, but not a tear fell down her face. No matter what happened between her and her brother they were still family no matter what. 

I sat there in shock about what just happened. I've never heard anybody get shot well beside the time I shot someone.

S: hey Joce I can take you back home, if your not up to it anymore

J: no it's fine I promised I'd be there

I grabbed her hand and looked at her giving a small smile. She squeezed my hand and returned the same smile.

I drive is there in silence, It was a comfortable silence still hanging on to her hand.

When we arrived the people at the valet helped us out then taking the to park. Walking into the ball there was a lot of caucasian people. As much as I or Jocelyn wasn't up for it we put on a fake smile and our most proper voice.

The night was going ok not great because of what happened earlier but we couldn't let it effect business. As we were in the middle of a conversation with potential partners I notice Jocelyn's make up looked off. I look off and she had tears streams down her face.

S: excuse us. Joce?

J: I'm sorry I can't do this *crying harder* I-I thought I could b-but-

S: ok we're leaving

I handed my drink off to some random I don't even know if he was a worker or not but oh well.

S: 35 and 36

He handed us over our coats, I grabbed both our coats and continued my way outside. Jocelyn laid her head on my shoulder while we waited for the car to get to us.