one

AN: This is the sequel to Misfits. You should read that one first before heading into this. Enjoy!
----------

The room was dark when I finally opened my eyes, the tingling feeling in my leg being the first thing I perceived. When it became unbearable I forced myself to sit up, my limbs stiff from laying in the same position for so long.

As I stretched my leg so it would wake up, I looked around the room with narrowed eyes, trying to make out shapes through the darkness. I hadn't even noticed how the sun had gone done.

Ruby was still laying on his bed, high as a kite and quietly snoring. I sighed, not quite having enough motivation to get up. When I finally brought myself to get off my armchair, the room started spinning, and I leant against the wall next to me for support.

I was just so tired, yet even though it was late I had to go home. There was nothing here for me, and Ruby would probably be asleep all night.

After finding my backpack I dragged myself down the stairwell, feeling relieved when I finally stepped out into the fresh night air. School had ended a few days ago, and it was a warm summer night.

I didn't care about the temperature, though. I just took in the fresh air.

My hand disappeared in my backpack, coming out with a crumpled pack of cigarettes. I sighed in annoyance as I took out the last one, briefly contemplating if I should run back up and grab a few from Ruby.

Deciding that it was too much effort I tossed the now empty pack back into my bag, pulling my lighter out of my pocket next. My headphones had been around my neck the whole time, my music still on, the volume turned up so high I could still hear the song like this.

I put them back on as I lit my last cigarette, watching as the smoke in my lungs escaped into the city's streets. The faint sounds of cars were audible in the distance, but they didn't reach me anymore as I turned the volume up even more, not even registering what I was listening to at this point.

I finished the cigarette just as a bus stopped next to me. After checking what number it had I stepped in, walking to the back of the almost empty and dimly lit bus before sitting down.

The seats around me were distorted with stupid things kids wrote, from phone numbers and insults to silly drawings. The back of the seat next to me had been slit open, probably with a knife or another sharp object. So ghetto.

I looked up as a face appeared in front of me. A boy that was sitting on the seat with the slit backrest had turned around, looking at me curiously.

I pushed my headphones off of my head without turning the music off.

"What?" I asked, unimpressed. I could barely keep my eyes open at this point, and some of the effects of Ruby's weed still hadn't worn off.

Another face appeared, and I briefly wondered if I was hallucinating since they looked so similar.

"Hi," the first boy said. "We saw you smoke out there."

I stared at him for a second before rolling my eyes. "Wow, and I tried to be sneaky about it. You should call the police."

His brows furrowed, and the other boy nudged his shoulder with his. "Ask him," he hissed, quickly glancing back at him.

The first boy cleared his throat, trying to gather all his confidence. "Can you sell us a few cigarettes?"

A chuckle escaped my throat, but it was brief and dry. I hadn't really laughed in weeks.

"You're like, ten. Why are you even out this late?"