-❉-

Two oval shaped metal doors opened as Queen Barea's shimmering black heels clanked across the marble floors to the supposed throne room. The chandeliers from above illuminated the room. In the far right a fire was slowly burning, while on the left was three thrones . They had a faint glow coming the cushions .

Kadin sluggishly made her way across the floor as she frowned, still confused on why she was even here in the first place. She stopped by her mother's side who was glaring at her. Kadin looked away and walked around throne room as if what she had done just mere seconds ago never happened.

"Kadin ...where is Mister Farnham?"
"I don't know. He could have just let you know," Kadin said as she sat down in her throne. Her legs crossed as she placed one of her hands on the arm of the chair. Her onyx eyes gleamed with a mischievous look.

"Kadin, what did you do?"Queen Barea said sternly as she eyed Kadin .

"Nothing...I just showed him a shortcut to the throne." Kadin chuckled a little as she smirked , remembering the little scene.

❦     ❦     ❦

Earlier...

Kadin halted as she saw Queen Barea turn the corner ahead of them and quickly glanced at Oswald. If she assumed right, the Queen wanted her to be alone with him, probably another scheme of hers.  This also requires Kadin talking to him. If that was easy. She stopped to turn to face Oswald, but they crashed into each other, tumbling down. Oswald landed on top of Kadin. He blushed furiously, his face a couple shades darker than his hair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't do this on purpose," he awkwardly laughs as Kadin glared at him.

"Were you even paying attention to your surroundings?" Kadin asked as looked at him. She was more than annoyed at this point. First, her mother decided to force her to come along to a meeting and now this happened.

Oswald stood up and brushed himself off before replying to Kadin.

" I couldn't help it. It's been a while since I've seen the outside world." He gives a little twirl. "I mean you have to understand. The only time I ever get out is for balls." His face brightened as he placed his hand on his chest.

Then he looked down as he remembered that she was still on the floor.

"Oh, I forgot!" He couched down to her and stretched out his hand to help her up.

She pushed it aside as she stood up and brushed off as well, a frown across her face. She started to walk ahead before Oswald grabbed her arm in an attempt to try and catch up to her.

"Please. Just let me - let me give you a better impression of me. I'm really nice and not at all a snobby prince."
Kadin pulled away as she stopped and smirked for a split second, trying to think of a plan to get rid of this pain in the neck. First, she said, " First off, you're not helping if you want a 'good impression.' No one grabs someone's arm."

"Again I'm sorry. I'm not really good with people."

Kadin raised her eyebrow as he said that.

"Of course I'm a good talker. That's not what I met. I'm not good at talking to someone who doesn't like me automatically - that didn't come out right."

He awkwardly laughed before trying to give an answer again. "I'm used to talking a certain way to people. I might be a flirtatious at times. But most of the people I talk to are potential suitors."

Kadin looked at him in confusion before she asked, "Suitors?"

"Oh, I forgot. My parents don't mind me being attracted to all genders. I'm pansexual, which is pretty self explanatory as I think about it."
He smiled as he continued, "I'm finally glad that at the age of 25, my parents let me decide whom I marry."