chapter 11

"What? Tom, you nearly died and you want to do it again?"

"I didn't say that, Harry!"

"But you made it sound like it!"

"It's Hogsmeade, Harry. Nothing can happen me there."

"Dumbledore is practically Hogsmeade's neighbour and you say you'll be fine! Stop lying!"

Voldemort rubbed his temples and looked up at Harry. The teen's face was pale with fury, one hand cradling his now seven-month pregnant belly and the other on the man's desk so he would not have to stand up straight. Even though he should look just cute with that huge stomach, the teen looked downright terrifying.

"Harry…"

"Don't try to reassure me! You're not going anywhere and making a fool out of yourself!"

"Making a fool out of myself? What do you think I am, a first year Hufflepuff? I can come and go as I like!"

By now he had risen up from the chair and they were now shouting at each other. Neither seemed to care to note that this was the first time they raised their voices in a fight.

"And what about me?" Harry screamed. "Should I just sit here and happily wait for Severus and Lucius to drag you back here, bloodied and broken?"

"That happened once, Harry! Once and never again!" The wild gesticulating of the man's arms should made Harry back away, but the teen would have none of it:

"It can happen to anyone! You're still human, Tom!"

"I am perfectly capable of protecting myself, Harry, and that's final!"

Voldemort stalked past his lover, and towards the door.

"Don't you dare walk out on me!" Harry screamed but the Dark Lord had already slammed the door shut. The teen made ready to follow but suddenly a wave of pain washed over him. He stopped in shock, eyes widening.

Blood trickled down his legs, and the raven-haired male whimpered in pain. He grabbed the closest chair and slowly sank to the floor. He held his stomach protectively and felt the blood gather around him in a puddle.

"Help," he whispered. "Help me…"

Then there was only darkness.

-o-

Voldemort went to his raid and attacked everyone he saw in Hogsmeade with the rage and fury that had built up during his fight with his lover. The Death Eaters were afraid to come too close to him, and wisely bolted when the man came stalking, throwing curses left and right.

When Dumbledore arrived, Voldemort and the Death Eaters had already left. They left behind a burning village and its few survivors.

-o-

"My lord," Lucius said hesitantly.

"You should go to the Ministry," Voldemort said. "I don't want to be bothered."

"My lord!" Tessa shouted, coming running. "The Prince-!"

"Not in the mood," the Dark Lord growled, not wanting to think about Harry at that moment.