Part 11

"Agent, Y/N, how are you?"  You heard the man's voice, and without even a second thought you knew who it was. You looked out the corner of your eye and saw Dylan Brax next to you, looking aimlessly at the shelves. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, would you respond or run off?  You decided to run off, turning away from him and in the opposite direction.  Dropping everything you had in your hand.  You heard him mumble something into his jacket, before sprinting after you.    

You ran past people and between people, you rushed into your car and turned the ignition, feeling the car rumble to life. You quickly turned to your glove box and pulled out a small handgun with a few extra magazines.  You set in the passenger seat next to you, you quickly drove out of the lot. Going god knows how much over the speed limit. You weren't going back to the house, you didn't know if they knew where you were staying.  So instead of going the way, you came from you went in the opposite direction.  

You looked at the rearview mirror, seeing at least three cars following loose behind you.  Trying their best to catch up.  You took a swift turn, trying to get them off your tail, but of course, with ease, they still followed close behind.  

You thought for a moment you were at least, half a mile to the interstate. At this speed, you would get there in no time.  You didn't know where you were headed, you just kept telling yourself to drive. Of course, that didn't last long when you felt your car, go out of control.  You held at the steering wheel trying to keep the car heading forward.  Did they shoot my tires?  You thought to your self, you had a good feeling they did.  

You could hear your tires screech as you uneducatedly tried to drive the rogue car. But your attempts failed when you felt the impact of your steering wheel on your arms and hands.  You could feel the hardness of the airbag hit your face, as one of the cars had rammed into you.  You sat in your car your head leaning on the headrest trying to regain your thoughts on what just happened. You touched the rim of your nostril and felt the warm liquid oozing from it.  You had multiple cuts on your forehead and cheek.  You sighed and once again looked in the rearview mirror, taking in the situation at hand.  But unfortunately your car had spun and the only thing that you could see in the mirror was the pitch-black street.  You looked out the passenger window to see the three cars, all of them having guns aimed at you.  You swiftly grabbed your handgun and got out of the car, immediately falling low to the ground, trying to keep your self from getting shot. You looked in front of you, the dark forest calling to you. Fortunately, your car had stopped at the side of the road, only inches from the patch of thick trees. 

You looked over the head of the car, the back windows were down where you saw the guns coming from.  You could see their faces, just your luck. So you took a guess and aimed through the windows, hoping to have hit someone. You looked from your car to the trees, and you made a run for it.  

 You ran as fast as your tired legs could take you, your busted lip stung whenever you thinned your lips when you winced in pain. You were in a sweat when you made it back to the small home, you looked around before sprinting up to the door.  You mentally cursed yourself when you realized you had left your keys in the car.  You were holding the handle in thought when you felt it open.  You pushed it open, it gliding to its place next to you.  I made sure I locked it... You thought to your self, you held your gun aimed at the floor, holding it in both of your hands. You looked around the living room, as you quietly closed the door with one hand, only for a moment taking it away from your weapon.  

"Agent,"  You spun around, bringing the gun to the intruders face. A stone-cold look on your face as you did so, trying to hide the vulnerable state you were in.  You eyed the man for a moment, taking in his dark skin and his black eye patch.  It took you a moment to realize who it was, but even when you did you kept the gun aimed at his head.  

"I'm not an agent Fury, don't call me that!"  You spat, you motioned the gun to the kitchen table, he complied, taking a seat at the four-person table.

"I'm not here to hurt you Y/N," He said holding his hands up in defense.  

"I'm sure of it,"  You said as far as you knew HYDRA and SHIELD were after you. You looked him in the eye, and the moment you did, you felt your hands lower hack down. "What do you want Nick?"  You asked 

"I want you. I want you back at Avengers Tower," He said, and you remembered something Tony had told you.  

"Isn't it a compound upstate now? Stark sold the tower,"  You said looking at him carefully. 

"Keeping an eye on us Y/N?"  He said, dammit! Why did you answer like that, it was obviously a test. 

"No."  You said the look on his face informed you that he didn't believe what you said.  

"Look obviously you had a way of knowing that."  

"I read." You said a smile forming on your face, only for you to wipe it away when you felt the pain in your lip again. He still didn't seem convinced, you didn't want Tony to get in trouble for helping you.  That would be the worse possible thing to happen.   

"He looked around, how did you afford such a place like this?"  He asked and you felt your heart drop, either he knew or he was very good at guessing.  

"I helped her," You look up and over at the door, there was Tony, he stepped out of his suit and walked towards Nick Fury.  And you saw the rest of the Avengers follow.   

_______________________________________________________________________________

Word Count: 1069

I just want you all to know that I SUCK at writing action scenes, so I hope that wasnt too cringe. But on the bright side! I didnt use the word 'Suddenly' at all.  *Is a proud writer* make sure to vote and comment love you!