vingt-huit

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

.  .  .

ENOCH,

I'm so proud of you. Finally, showing interest in someone other than Leonardo DiCaprio (don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in the family, but it's been hard organising those set ups). Next break, you should invite this boy over for dinner so we can give him the old Desrosiers treatment. And Elijah, I have some non-magic things for him I think he'd like.

But, I think if you're sure of what you're feeling, you should tell him how you feel. Just be honest with him. It's what I did with your mother and look what that got me - a scary family of magicians (I'm kidding, I love you and your magic. And your mother). To help make the talking easier, I got you some gifts to give him as well. Gifts are great to soften people up.

——

Your father fails to remember that when he confessed his feelings for me, he almost got hit by a car, crashed into a table and chairs, and yelled something about being soulmates from across the road. We hadn't even met at that point. But I do think he has a point, telling Draco your feelings is likely to be the best route. Even if it doesn't go well (if it doesn't, it's his loss), at least you'll have done it and not stressed too much over it.

The gifts were your father's idea. He tried to get some more outlandish things but I stopped him at the bear and chocolates. Both were bought in normal stores but if Draco has issues with that, I've enchanted the bear to always smell of lavender so you can tell him it's magical.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Bisous,
Maman and Papa

.  .  .

It doesn't take long for news that one of the students—Ron, one of Harry Potter's friends—had been poisoned to spread around the school. Along with the tales of Harry's quick thinking and skills in Potions, which saved the poison from being lethal. It happened so suddenly that Enoch doesn't quite know what to make of it, can hardly believe that the Gryffindor really is up in the Hospital Wing recovering. But Enoch has heard several different variations of the story so he assumes it must have. Philip claims the only reliable one is that they'd been visiting Slughorn's and Harry saved him with a bezoar. It's good to know the truth but it does take some of the excitement from the stories being retold, depicting Harry as the brave hero, Slughorn as a villain, Ron as a bumbling buffoon, and everything in between.

And yet, despite the excitement of the event, life continues on as normal. Teachers expect concentration, his day is still full of classes, and his life is barely affected. Though, Enoch is hardly surprised.