Chapter 6

It's been a while since I updated one of my stories. I've had a bad case of Thanksgiving blue (Best Holiday of the Year) and some writer's block, and Christmas...and New Year's, and School, and other stuff. Besides the FCC warning, I haven't updated any of my stories in a while. So I'm updating this right now because reasons.

So here we go.

I own nothing, yadda yadda yadda you get the picture.

Corvo leaped off a rooftop, his feet carrying him through the wind. He hadn't had a run like this in a while, so going out like this was something that he desperately needed. Despite the recent events being far more positive for him, he had grown accustomed to the fact that he was now some type of vigilante murderer. However, the search for the Knife of Paris had calmed down somewhat, so he could run outside and do...questionable things. He landed on a brick rooftop and grabbed onto a small ledge. He was reasonably high in the air, a few stories up. The fall could kill a normal person, but Corvo was far from normal anymore. Tuning into the com's in his mask, he contacted Harrison.

"Anything on tonight?" He asked with the voice mufflers active. He still didn't like how they gargled his voice, but he had an identity to keep. "Nothing major yet, just some some jaywalking and shoplifting. Thinkin on becoming a goody-two-shoes as well?"

"Nothing so unsubtle. Keep me updated when you find something"

"Will do." With that, Harrison logged off. As Corvo took his hands off of his mask, he allowed himself to take in the view. The city skyline was magnificent, especially at night. The Eiffel tower shown in the distance, the star's reflecting off of the seine. It was a sight to behold. Corvo let himself slip further down and onto an edge where he could sit. As he waited for Harrison, he began to think. He reminisced on the recent past, what could happen. He mostly thought about earlier today, and his first day at school.

It was without a doubt that Lila and Nathaniel were the first friends he had made. He surprised himself with how quickly he met them and became friends. Before moving to France two years ago, when he lived in England, he was more of a recluse. Focusing on school-work and education. He had friends, but he made them later on during the year. Due to his solitary nature, he was something of a mystery to people, either that or nobody paid any attention to him. He was never bullied, but he did feel alone for very long stretches of time. It wasn't his fault, he just didn't like socializing that much. Which would explain why he only knew about 6 people from school. Marinette (obviously) Adrien Agreste, Nino Lahiffe, Alya Cesaire, Nathaniel and Lila. Everyone else was a complete mystery. Well, everyone except Chloe Bourgeois.

Ah yes, the Mayor's daughter. She was an entirely different can of worms to open. He knew her type, spoiled rich brat who did whatever they wanted because their rich/powerful/influential/famous/political parent/guardian. He knew people like her back in London. They always were the same. Which was why he could easily insult her like he did. Loads of practice.

"Kid, got something for you/" His comm's interrupted his thoughts as he listened closely. I've picked up some chatter. Someones nearby. Big guy in the mob, personal accountant of the Big Man. He's in a 2005 BMW 760IL heading to his manor. He's a couple blocks away. Follow him, you can take him out and we'll be a step closer to the Big Man."

"Got it. Moving out." Corvo replied. He got up from his sitting position, got into a running stance, and leapt off of the ledge. As he free fell, he blinked onto another rooftop. He landed with a small thud, and continued to run. Jumping off of more rooftops and scaffolding, he blinked and heaved across the rooftops of Paris. As he ran on a particular building roof, his eyes spotted said BMW. It was paused, an intersection before it on a red light. He used his optics in his mask to zoom in, and there in the back of the car was his target. The accountant was named Friedrich Ramsey, and he was very good at his job. As the light turned green and the car took a right, Corvo moved. Keeping to the rooftop's, he followed the luxurious vehicle back to it's place of residence.