Preface

My grandmother had printed out these letters and gave them to her family as intended. My house currently houses two copies of these letters. I am typing this up in hopes of binding this up before my grandmother dies. I would love to see her face as I hand her this book.

I am lovingly sharing this book to the internet as well. As my grandmother stated, the letters of my great-grandmother and great-grandfather contribute to church history in both Illinois and Ohio. It would be great if even one person recognizes these names from their church then I would be happy. Their legacy has continued and for that I would be forever grateful.

If you don't recognize these names then I hope you enjoy the love story and history behind the stories if you're into that kind of thing. It seems a little girly, I know but doesn't everyone like a good love story regardless of gender? 

I am currently typing this out as I do not want to have my grandmother become suspicious of my actions. As such, I ask you to not try to contact her or any of her siblings in an attempt to keep this secret from her until I am done with this. As such, any pictures mentioned from these letters and journal will not be included in this until much later as asking for the pictures will be a lot less suspicious then asking for the whole document.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read the letters from my great-grandmother and great-grandfather.

Maxwell Andrew Hudson