Heartbeats

Mitch woke up to his alarm clock beeping in his ear, he silenced it and threw off his blankets. He walked into the bathroom and did his daily route. 

"Go to the bathroom..check. Brush teeth...check...clothes...check...wait! Shower!" He whispered to himself. He took off the clothes he was wearing and jumped into the shower. He quickly washed his body slowly going over the scars on his body. He finally washed the rest of his body and quickly washed his hair. After he rinsed his hair out, he hoped out of the shower and ran a towel down his body and through his hair. After he was dry he quickly threw on his clothes again and headed down his stairs. He texted Scott

Mitch: Coming to Church, Scottland?

Scott: Yeah, see you there dimples. 

Mitch smiled at Scotts text, they always call each other names, but its odd because he's never heard Scott call him 'dimples', he didn't mind, but it was different. He threw on his shoes and headed out the door. Mitch's family was already there so he cut across the road and walked to the church like all the other Sundays. As he got close to the doors he noticed Scott waiting for him, "Hey beanpole." He laughed. Scott didn't say much but smiled and nod his head. Something was weird about today. He followed Scott into the church anyway and watched him find a spot and sat down. 

Todays speech at church was about gays, and how it was wrong. Mitch tensed as the pastor went on and on about it. He watched Scott cringe and he wondered what was wrong, Scott knew Mitch was gay, but only Scott knew, was Scott gay too? Is that why he is cringing at it? Did he find it disgusting? Mitch's thoughts got carried away and was then brought back by Scott getting up quietly and walking towards the bathroom. Mitch followed as Scott got up, he found Scott resting his head against the wall of the bathroom. Mitch was worried, "Hoying, whats wrong? Whats going on?" He watched as Scott lifted his head to face Mitch. "I don't like knowing that they hate you. Well, if they knew." He sighed and put his head against the wall again, closing his eyes. Mitch sighed and watched him, he walked over to Scott and hugged him. They stayed there for a while until they decided to leave so they didn't get caught. They walked back into the now empty church realizing they had been in there for quite some time. "Lets go to the pond." Scott said leading them to the pond by the church. They sat down on some rocks and quietly listened to each others heart beats.