boyf riends

"If you wash that off, you're *dead,* Parker," spat Eugene, followed by the click of a marker cap being closed, and his footsteps as he and his accomplice, Liz, walked away.
Peter sighed in exasperation, rubbing at the circles under his eyes before proceeding forward to meet his best friend, Ned, at the empty table they'd always sit at.
At arrival, he all but threw himself onto that little bench attached to the table, folding his arms atop the table, and burying his face within them.
It wasn't long, though, before he heard Ned's (somehow) cheerful voice as he approached
"Peter!" He chirped, pulling his headphones down to rest upon his shoulders, after setting his slushie down on the table, and seating himself alongside Peter, who turned his head to look up at his friend.
"Hey."
"Peter! The girl at 7-11, she- hey, man, are you okay? You look like shit."
Peter laughed a little, nodding to the best of his abilities, with his head on the table.
"Thanks, man. Yeah, I'm good."
Ned, very apparently not convinced, laid his head down to match Peter's, emitting a quiet laugh from the smaller boy.
"What's wrong, Pete?"
"I wrote Michelle a letter."
"That's progress!" Ned practically beamed, immediately sitting up.
Peter followed suit, running a hand through his hair.
"Yeah, I tore it up and flushed it."
"Oh."
"'S still progress."
"Hey, why try being cool, now, anyway? We have plenty of fun on our own, and I bet in college, Michelle will be--"
"Signing up for the play." Peter suddenly perked up.
"Well, I was gonna say she'd be all over you, but she might-"
"No, look!"
Peter placed a hand on either side of Ned's face, turning his head in the direction of a sign up sheet for an upcoming after school play, hanging on the wall.
"Ooh. Are you gonna sign up?"
"'M way ahead of you," Peter exclaimed, leaving his bag behind, once MJ had left, to cautiously approach the sign up sheet.
It had been easier than he'd anticipated - until he heard laughter, and Eugene's voice behind him, shouting "gay!" that is.
After that, he was relatively quick to make his way back to the table, returning to his previous position, with his head rested atop his arms.
"Peter? This might be a bad time, but, um, wash your backpack?"
Peter lifted his head with an irritable groan, only to drop it back down with a hard 'thud' when Ned presented their backpacks, side by side to him.
"I hate this school."