Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Oomph!

Thud.                                        

Groan.

Whoosh.

All these words indicate one thing: a collision. Whatever kind it may be, the collision, you hope it doesn't affect you in some way, hurt you or even kill you. Because a car crash is a collision which can kill you and in the same way, when you're falling towards the concrete ground, you pray that you don't crack your skull open. Especially when someone has just barrelled into you at full speed which is exactly what was happening to me. I can almost taste it; the pain.

I felt the impact but something around me prevented me from bleeding to my death. But I did feel my breath whooshing out of me as an immense weight crushed me.

Then everything stopped. I felt air rushing into my lungs as I gasped for breath and my heart restarted. That weight was still on me though and I realised a little late that it was a pair of arms wound around me, as if protectively holding something, that probably prevented the cracking of my skull.

The person groaned into my neck and I felt everything in me vibrate - and let me tell you it's a weird feeling. I caught a waft of the person's perfume- no cologne and it smelt so... manly. I finally got my arms to function as I shoved at the person's extremely muscular chest. After some more groaning, the person got off me as I lay there on the ground staring at the sky. It was a beautiful day in London, beautiful but slightly cold which was very rare since it was almost always gloomy.

Something blocked my view of the cloudless sky and I squinted my eyes at him to see a face, a very model-esque face of a guy who seemed about my age. He didn't say anything or help me up, he just stared at me. I didn't have the ability to decipher what the look in his eyes was, I mean I am no freaking Shakespeare that I would go reading his eyes or what they are trying to 'say'. Plus I wear glasses which I didn't have on but I wasn't totally blind without them.

I grunted as I slowly got to my feet, no thanks to the guy who was still standing there watching me struggle. Wow, I felt winded. How badly did we collide? After checking myself to see if there was any damage, which thankfully there wasn't, I turned to the guy.

"Thank you!" I said in the most sarcastic voice but he still stared at me. Creep. I continued as he remained silent, "Thank you for making my boring everyday routine very eventful by crashing into me and almost killing me!"

I looked at his blue eyes that were a bit wider than before, huh, I didn't see that happen. "What? You don't think one can die by cracking their skull on concrete? I could have, no thanks to you! Why were you running? Actually, don't answer that. I mean what if you're running from some gang members? Then I don't want to get involved because you telling me anything means you giving out information and that is me having information, that I shouldn't have and so don't tell me what you were running from. But listen here mister, whoever you are, if I had died, would you have paid for my funeral costs? I mean it's so expensive to even die these days! I have enough bills and university loans to pay, I don't need you adding to it!"

Silence.

I was met with silence, not that he said anything in the first place. He had been standing there for the past 15 minutes listening to me rant.

"Are you deaf? Or have some sort of disability of not talking? I mean no offense if you do but you're just standing there, looking at me and I've tried to keep it to myself but you're sort of creeping me out," I finished taking a step back. I looked at him expectantly raising my brows, waiting for him to say something.

And say something he did. When he opened his mouth, I expected an apology, maybe even an offer to get some coffee, but I did not expect him to say what he did next.

"I love you."

AN: That's first chapter and this is going to be a short story. Hope you guys enjoy it :) And I am very well aware I have not given names for my characters - that is coming in later chapters though I haven't written it yet.