Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Love.

What is love? They say it's a feeling, a mutual attraction, a connection. But nobody actually feels the tingles and sparks, I mean unless you're electrocuting the person, I do not see how one can just feel sparks by touching someone. Mutual attraction, I understand and the whole heart beating faster phenomenon but is that all love is?

Love is pain, that is what love is to me because someone ends up getting hurt in the end. It may because a partner cheated or it may be that you lose that 'spark'. But if the spark can be lost, then surely it cannot be love?

So as I stared at the guy who collided with me, the guy who uttered those three special words, I wondered for a ridiculous moment if he meant them. I waited for someone to jump out saying 'punk'd' or maybe for the guy to start laughing, but he didn't.

We stared at each other for I don't know how long but I hadn't said anything since those words came out of his mouth and neither had he. During that time I noticed his blue eyes which had darker flecks in them and that he may actually be older than he looked. He was sporting a five o'clock shadow on an angled jaw with a pretty sharp nose and sharp cheekbones that may make even Angelina Jolie jealous. His lips seemed to twitch every now and then as he stared at me and he was studying me as I was him.

He towered over my 5 ft 6 inches, probably at about 6 feet and his fitted t-shirt outlined his muscles. He wasn't Hulk by any means but he had muscles enough to be considered hot. No, I wasn't unaware of the level of hotness that this specimen in front of me exuded but for some reason, I knew neither was he. I would presume he was a cocky, slightly overconfident rich-boy that had what he wanted and always got what he desired.

"Excuse me?" I finally managed after that long silence. Is it some kind of trend to go around saying 'I love you' to random strangers?

"Don't you?" His voice was slightly deep and he was still breathing hard from all the running. I was still pretty winded myself, wait, is that a headache coming on? Ugh, I hope not. I had a ton of work to do for my assignment which was due in a few days. Sometimes I wonder why I procrastinate and why I never seem to learn my lesson.

"Don't I what?"

"Love me?"

I still stared as he mentioned love again. What is it with this guy and love?

"No," I said bluntly. "And I don't think I would ever want to and so I shall be on my way now. Next time you collide with someone at least have the decency to apologise. See you, never." With that I shouldered past him and made my way back to my room in the university halls.

I collapsed on the bed exhausted from today's events. My room was small and I had it to myself though the building had rooms with boys living in it too. It was a mixed building though I knew there were others for single sex only. As I tried to get some work done, my mind still lingered on the guy from today.

Why would he say something like that in the first place?

Don't you?

I could still hear his voice in my head as he asked me that. Shaking my head, I looked back down at the research paper in front of me as I finally concluded he was obviously a cocky dude who expected everyone to love him.

Well tough luck dude. Not everybody is going to love you and not everybody is going to truly love you.

Great! Now I'm thinking about 'love' as if I knew what it meant. I hadn't met this guy for more than a few minutes and he was already rubbing off on me.

Definitely one on my 'Stay Away' list but then it's not like I'm going to see him again so I guess putting him on that list is invalid.

AN: I'm aware the chapters are short but I can't seem to make it longer! Don't forget to vote!