Chapter 10

In Chemistry, Syl was taking a test. She wasn't very worried, since she knew the information, but other kids around her were looking nervous, including Evie. The blue haired girl kept chewing her pencil and sadly glancing to the place where Chad was sitting, looking perfectly relaxed.

Syl looked up when Evie pulled out her bag and started rummaging through it. She guessed Evie was probably looking for her magic mirror to help her.

"Looking for something?"

Syl turned around to see Mr. Delay holding up Evie's mirror and waving it in the air for everyone to see. Evie dropped the top of her bag, completely speechless.

"Thank you, Chad," Mr. Delay continued, resting his hand of Chad's shoulder. "It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code."

Chad looked at Evie smugly and she glared back at him. Doug was looking between Evie, Chad, and Mr. Delay with an undefinable expression.

"It will be my recommendation that you are expelled," Mr. Delay said.

Syl opened her mouth to defend Evie, but Doug jumped up. "That isn't fair!" he said. "Obviously she wasn't cheating, since she didn't have that... whatever it is."

"Its called a magic mirror-" said Evie, looking at him.

"Not helping," Doug whispered to her.

Evie bowed her head. "Okay, sorry."

"Maybe she needed another pencil," he told the teacher.

"Actually, I was-" Evie started.

"Really," Doug told Evie. "Don't help." He turned to the teacher. "Please."

"Please," echoed Evie, looking at Mr. Delay pleadingly.

"Well, if you can pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop," said Mr. Delay.

Evie smiled and Doug sighed. Chad smiled meanly at Evie, but Syl glared at him until he looked down at his paper.

Later, Syl was sitting in her dorm working on homework when Mal and Evie came in.

"Ben just asked Mal out on a date!" squealed Evie.

Syl looked up. "It was only a matter of time," she said. "That song pretty much was a guarantee."

"Can you help me? I'm trying to make Mal look nice," said Evie.

"Sure," said Syl standing up.

"Don't go too crazy, guys," said Mal nervously.

Evie smiled. "Go take a shower. We've got this."

Mal left, and Syl moved over to Evie who was standing in front of Mal's closet.

"What are you thinking?" asked Evie. " I want someone else's opinion."

Syl considered Mal's clothes, occasionally pulling out a dress and looking at it before putting it back in. "Nothing from here," she said stepping back. "But I have an idea."

Syl walked over to her closet, thrusting it open and digging through the crowd of blues and greens. Evie looked hesitant. "Blue's not really Mal's color."

"Found it!" Syl said, pulling out a purple dress that had short sleeves and had traces of black mixed in.

"Oh my gosh, that is perfect!" Evie squealed. "Will it fit Mal though? You're kind of..."

Syl scowled. "Short? Yeah, this was too big for me to wear, and it wasn't blue so I just put it in the back of my closet."

"I know what will go perfectly with this!" Evie said as she moved over to her closet. "Personally, I'm thinking like a punk princess look," she said pulling out a black leather jacket.