Chapter 13

Gratsu Bingo 2019

Prompt: Alarm

Chapter 13

Natsu woke up to find he'd tangled his limbs with Gray's as they slept, just as they had as children. This time, however, he didn't have to be afraid of the other's reaction. They were both exactly where they wanted to be.

Natsu's smile was full of affection. Even though it had taken them years, they'd finally come full circle. He watched over Gray as he slept, loving how his nose wrinkled as he dreamed. It was so peaceful and cute, and Natsu knew he could spend hours watching Gray like this and never grow tired of it.

He slid some hair away from Gray's face, and the ice mage stirred. His eyes twitched behind his eyelids, and soon, they blinked awake.

"Morning," Gray said, sounding groggy, his eyes still heavy with sleep.

He studied how their bodies were connected, but instead of pulling away, he snuggled closer and closed his eyes again.

"Morning, Droopy Eyes," Natsu greeted fondly, "Shouldn't we be getting up?"

Even though he'd rather do anything but go to work, he remembered Gray mentioning Erza had demanded he go.

"Uh-uh, I want to enjoy this, Erza's going to be pissed at us no matter what. We might as well at least deserve it." Gray squinched his eyes stubbornly.

"I can't argue with that," Natsu grinned as he turned his body to face his boyfriend.

The movement caused Gray to open his eyes. He gazed at Natsu's face, eyes slowly moving down until they came to rest on his boyfriend's luscious lips. Natsu licked them, and Gray wasted no time leaning in for a kiss. They spent the next ten minutes experimenting and finding what they liked best.

It enthralled Natsu, this warmth that coursed through his body. It burned, but it was so enjoyable. Much different from any heat he'd ever experienced through his magic.

An unexpected although still familiar scent wafted into his nose, and he stiffened, prompting Gray to stop what he was doing and glance at him in confusion.

"So. You two dumbasses got your act together," a sardonic voice came from the entrance of Natsu's room. "About damn time."

Gray groaned as he recognized his older brother, but made no move to cover himself. "Lyon, what are you doing here?"

"Erza sent me to get you when you didn't show up for your shift," Lyon informed his brother, "She's not happy with either of you."

"Well, thanks for the warning. You can go now," Gray attempted to get rid of his brother so he could go back to the newly discovered thrill of making out with Natsu.

"No can do little brother. She asked me to escort you back, and I'd rather not piss her off."

"Yep, Lyon's already whipped, and he's not even dating her,""Gray grinned at Natsu, who chuckled.

"Oh please, she's got all of you whipped," Gajeel entered Natsu's room as well, carrying a bag of food from the local bakery, "Here you go, losers. Don't get used to it," he said in his usual gruff manner.

"And here I thought you didn't care," Natsu winked at the dragon slayer.

"I don't," Gajeel muttered, "I was up early and remembered you had nothing to eat yesterday. Just... don't scare Wendy like that again."

"I won't," Natsu promised as he got up and gave the burly slayer a hug which was returned, although somewhat grudgingly.

"Now hurry, Red wants to have a strategy meeting."