You deserve everything

March 18, 2019
3:00 pm
Van

We were driving back to Spy School. I was happy to be back. No more running for my life. I could now live without enemies coming after me or my friends.

We turned one more time, and Spy School came into view. To my astonishment, the entire school was waiting for us outside. They cheered loudly when we turned into the driveway. Confetti was thrown everywhere.

" Wow. We get to have a coming home party!" Mike exclaimed. He climbed out of the van when Cyrus parked it. The cheers grew louder. You could hear more girls than boys when Mike stepped out though. Zoe followed him. She held his hand as they walked through the crowd. The girls' cheers faded out just a little bit when they saw this.

Chip and Jawa went next. The crowd cheered even more. My friends started taking pictures with other people. It was as if we were all famous celebrities. Some of the teachers had to hold the students back.

" Man, I haven't gotten a ceremony like this in months. It's been a while." Alexander said. Catherine chuckled. They both climbed out of the van too. The cheering turned into gasps. They looked in shock at Catherine and Alexander. The crowd immediately began asking questions.

" Is that your wife Mr. Hale?" " How long have you two been together?" " What are you going to name the child?" Many people were asking questions. Alexander and Catherine answered their questions as best as they could. They didn't say anything about their divorce though. Cyrus stepped out behind them. The crowd started asking him questions too.

I was about to go outside too, but I realized there was still one person in the car. Erica was still sitting there. She looked at the crowd worriedly.

" What's wrong?" I asked.

" They already know that you saved me once. They know that you saved the world several times. When they see me, they'll just think I'm getting the credit for nothing. They'll think that I'm a fraud." She said. I held both of her hands.

" You aren't a fraud. You know that. Who cares what other people think. The only thing that matters is what we think of you. Your family. Your friends. Me." I said. She looked up at me.

" I think you're the most amazing, beautiful, awesome, and talented girl in the world. That's not even enough words to describe you. We know that you're not a fraud, and that's the only thing that matters. You deserve this ceremony. If it weren't for you, all of us would've been dead right now. You saved the world, not me." I said. She smiled.

" You saves the world too. You're the one who always figured out SPYDER's plans." She said. I smiled back.

" With your help." I said. I reached the doors of the van, and held out my hand.

" Are you coming with me?" I asked. She nodded and took my hand.

" Yes, Ben Ripley. I'm coming with you." She said. We stepped out of the van together. The crowd went wild. We took pictures. Well I took pictures. Erica refused to take any pictures. Our friends were waiting for us in the front.

" This is awesome!" Zoe yelled. We all stood at the front of the crowd. We held hands, and bowed. Everyone cheered. It was a wonderful feeling.

A feeling that I would never forget.

XXX

We were all gathered in the gym. Everyone was seated on the bleachers, while we stood on a stage that some CIA officials set up for us. The CIA thought that we deserve a proper ceremony for our actions.

Mike came running up to me.

" Is it set?" I asked. He nodded vigorously.

" Yup. They won't know what's coming. I'm glad you're doing this Ben. Erica will be happy when she sees this." He said. I smiled.