01

The sun was shining, and it was a beautiful day. The riders of Berk were relaxing. It was one of the days they got too, so none of them were expecting terror mail from Bucket and Mulch. Their words were frantic and scrawled out on the paper. They needed help with an injured dragon.

"Alright, gang mount up. Be on the lookout. We don't know exactly what kind of dragon we're dealing with here." Hiccup tells his friends as he climbs on the back of his trusted friend, Toothless.

The group of dragon riders begin to fly off towards the location given to them by the older fishermen. When arriving at their destination, they weren't expecting to see what looked like a smaller night fury, but instead of having black scales, it has purple scales. "Hiccup...is that..."

"Yeah, I know. It looks like a night fury." Hiccup gently puts a hand on Toothless's head to try and calm his friend, "It looks really hurt."

Not soon after their arrival, the dragon spots them. He lets out a growl and then goes to leave, but his damaged wings wouldn't allow him to travel very far. Toothless flies in front of the dragon, blocking it from going anywhere. The rest of the riders dragons do the same, leaving their riders stunned. "What are our dragons doing?"

"I think it's their way of helping him." Fishlegs answers, trying to put some sort of reasoning behind his dragon's actions.

The smaller dragon's eyes began to flutter, and with each passing second, it got harder and harder to stay in the air. His body aches, and he was too injured to shift. Plus, the boy knew he couldn't risk exposure, not until he knew they could be trusted. His breathing got heavier as he shoots a bolt of lightning at Fishlegs and Meatlug, who quickly dodges it. Taking it as the perfect opportunity to escape, the dragon begins to fly forwards.

It doesn't take long for the smaller night fury to pass out from exhaustion, and instead of crashing into the sea, Toothless grabs him and starts to fly back to Berk; to the Dragon Academy with all the other dragon's in tow. Their riders didn't even have to tell them where to go, they all just followed Toothless.

Getting to the academy, Toothless gently lays the injured dragon down and lands next to him, allowing Hiccup to get off before he starts to lick the smaller dragon's wounds. He lays next to the dragon, who has now curled upon itself and gently puts one of his wings over the dragon, sensing exactly how unique this dragon was.

The dragon riders watched as one by one; their dragons began to curl up around the injured dragon, putting their wings over it in a protective manner. This dragon was a mystery, one that Hiccup was desperate to solve.

But was he going to like the outcome?

∞∞∞•∞∞∞