Metal Bat

Eva slowly opens her eyes as she obverses the flowers in front of her while confusingly reading the note on the flowers, "get well soon! Love namjoon!"
Eva is concerned and confused. She doesn't remember a "Namjoon." She's never heard of a Namjoon. She's furious, and predictable. Then enters the doctor, with Namjoon.
"Eva." Says the doctor as he smiles softly. While Eva is laying on the hospital bed, with casts all over, she then hears the doctor say, "Your husband is here to see you." Namjoon smiles softly at Eva, he slightly says, "Hey." Eva is still really confused as she goes back in her brain, trying to remember what happened and who this man named husband is.

Namjoon shuts the door as he walks closer to Eva. "So, how you feeling?" asks Namjoon. Namjoon lightly touches her shoulder but Eva backs away and gets startled.
Namjoon realizes Eva really doesn't remember him. "Sorry. You're probably...very confused. I'll just,uh, sit over there." Namjoon points over to a chair as he walks over to it and sits down as he lightly sighs.

Eva shakes her head lightly as she breaths heavily. Every muscle in Eva's body screamed to flee, but she remained frozen. "What happened?" asks Eva in worry.
Namjoon heavily sighs, "You were in an accident, and you hit your head. Really hard. Remember any of that?" asks Namjoon desperately as he truly, deeply hopes she'll still remain frozen, not remembering anything. Eva shakes her head. "Eva, do you know who I am?" asks Namjoon, feeling miserable.
Eva observes Namjoon, trying to run to the memories. But instead, she remains hid in the memories, it remains dark and silent... frozen.

"You don't, do you?" asks namjoon as his muscles tightly feel heavy. "No...I uh, really don't." Eva says, still petrified and feeling of guilt of not being able to fight this forgetfulness that stays sitting in her empty brain. No memories, no joy. No light, no...nothing. Eva hyperventilating, looks around the room, barely breathing at all. "Hey, hey it's okay." Namjoon says as he quickly moves his chair closer to her, trying to comfort her. "Listen... look, the doctor said that there are going to be some things that are harder to remember than others." Eva observers her hand, cold and weak. She then notices a ring on her finger. Her brain, feeling numb as ever, her memories constantly disappearing, she looks at Namjoon's hand...and also sees a ring on his finger.

"I'm gonna be here with you, forever. I promise." Says namjoon. "I-I don't even know your name." Says Eva as her muscles tightly tenses up. Namjoon slowly grins as he puts his hand out, waiting for a handshake, "I'm namjoon...nice to meet you."

Detective Seokjin desperately asks the driver who hit Eva questions. "Were you speeding?" the driver nods his head slowly, and ashamedly ,"yeah. I just wanted to get home... I was dealing with family stuff... I got over whelmed. "I-... I didn't even...I didn't see her until it was too late." The driver looked up at the detective, "It was an accident." "I know." responses detective seokjin. "That's not why I brought you here...I wanna know if you saw anyone else there."
"No." Responses the driver.
"How about other cars in the parking lot? Did you see any?" asks detective seokjin suspiciously.
"Yeah, actually. Now you mention it, there was uh...this white pickup, right? I uh, think it was pulling a car." said the driver as he shifted his body around in the chair, thinking deeply about what he saw before the accident.
"Pulling a car?" asks detective seokjin.
"Yeah, with a hauling winch, a cable. I remember thinking it was strange."
"Did you see where the truck went?" asks the detective.
"No. It was already gone when the ambulance arrived."

Food was given to Eva as Namjoon reminds Eva of who she was.
"You were in operations... I was in accounting. Here, there you go." said namjoon as he hands Eva a gallery book with pictures of her and her friends.
"Yeah... I finally had the guts to ask you out...you said yes, luckily." namjoon smiles.
"Hey, I forgot to ask... have you talked to my parents?" asks Eva worryingly.
Namjoon sits quietly, doesn't have words...tries to speak but nothing'll come out right.
Eva stares at Namjoon, realizing something's wrong. "Honey, they passed away...a couple of years ago."