Chapter 2

When Garrett woke up the next morning, he had an axe buried in his forehead. But after a moment realised it was just a hangover. One that was bound to be persistent. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to learn he'd slept in his own bed. Didn't he always spend the night at Andrew's place after these wild sessions? He sat bolt upright, instantly regretting the action when he felt the jolt of pain slice through his temple. One thing stood out to him about last night. The kiss. The kiss was just concrete enough for him to know it had happened but still too hazy to make out any details. What had drunk Garrett done?!? He saw a blurry neon post-it note stuck to the rim of his bedside lamp and fumbled around on the dresser looking for his familiar pair of Harry Potter style glasses but those clumsy paws of his knocked them on the floor. While getting out of bed to pick them up, he heard a sickening crack.

"Oh shit," Garrett cringed at his own incoordination.

He stumbled into the living room where he knew there was a spare pair of glasses waiting for him.

"He fucked me with a TOOTHBRUSH!" Garrett heard a familiar giggle and whipped round to see Andrew sitting at the desk and editing a video. He was sitting in Garrett's very own spinney chair of all places!

"Oh, hey. You're up now," he beamed cheerfully while swivelling round to look at the taller boy.

"Why are you on my computer?"

"Well, I remember how last night you said you needed to edit a video and the deadline was today."

"Oh fuck!" Garrett cursed as he slapped his forehead – an action that carried instant regret. "So that explains the post-it note."

"You weren't sober enough to do anything when we got back, so I put you to bed and pulled an all-nighter editing this goddamn video for you."

After grabbing his glasses, Garrett approached the monitor and saw the smirking face of Tana Mongeau plastered across it. He knitted his brows together, reaching for an appropriate response but all he could think of was where did Tana find such freaky guys? Actually no. He had to ask Andrew about the kiss. It was important.

"Wait," Garrett paused. "Do you regret anything about last night?" It was at this point he expected Andrew to flip over the table and storm out.

"Regret what?" Andrew stared back innocently.

"You know," Garrett trailed off, unaware of how to continue. "What we did together last night?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well just," he buckled. "Forget it. I didn't mean anything. Just, I drank so much that my hangover is gonna last the rest of the day."

Garrett had a little crush, well, it was only little in comparison to the Titanic - or the moon. Garrett was head over heels in love with Andrew and his best friend couldn't seem to tell. His sober self would never dare to make a move but drunk Garrett didn't play by the same rules. How stupid could he have been? And Andrew didn't even care enough to remember. But if he was blissfully unaware then their friendship wouldn't change. But Garrett remembered. He'd always remember. He'd remember until the day he'd die and never tell anyone. Should Andrew know about it? No. He didn't want to ruin what they had. But neither of them pulled away if memory served. Maybe Andrew had feelings for him. No! That was an equally ridiculous notion. How could a cute boy like him ever have feelings for someone big and gross like Garrett?

His internal monologue was interrupted by Andrew. "Nice underwear," Garrett looked down and realised he was dressed in a pair of white boxer shorts with pink lipstick kisses on them - and nothing else.

"Did you undress me last night?" Garrett asked, feeling turned on and weirded out in equal measure.

"No, you did it mostly by yourself. Although, I did have to help you with your belt buckle and the buttons on your jeans because you were too drunk to do that."

Garrett felt dirty satisfaction that Andrew had unbuckled his jeans for him - maybe he'd slipped them down as well. NO!!! Bad Garrett! He's sitting right there!

Garrett's impure thoughts were interrupted. "I've almost finished editing it, do you wanna see what I've done?" Andrew shot him a look reminiscent of a toddler waiting to show his mother their latest drawings. Even in his dazed and hungover state, his best friend knew he couldn't refuse.

The video itself was a standard Shane Dawson concept. Something fun and silly, designed to entertain the audience for a short period of time. In this case, he'd made a tiny movie theatre for his cat. Although Garrett had been on edge before, the video made him smile and he even laughed. Andrew's editing had turned a simple video into something more.

"So... what do you think?" Andrew asked expectantly.

"I liked it," Garrett replied.

"Do you think Shane will like it?"

"I think Shane will love it. I didn't realise you were such a good editor."

"Well, I got into it as a hobby a few months back."

"And you're clearly a natural," Garrett smiled affectionately before giving his friend a pat on the back. "You finish up what you're doing and I'll be outside... vomiting my guts up."

When Andrew left, Garrett felt terrible. How could he do something like this? How could he take advantage of his friend while drunk? How could he lie to him about it afterwards? He banged his head against the wall and winced in pain.

All that was left to do was send the video to Shane and see what he thought. A reply came quicker than expected in the form of a phone call.

"Hey, Garrett."

"Oh, hey Shane."

"How are you doing?"

"Better than before."

"Good to know," Garret noted the perkier tone in Shane's voice today.

"I saw the video."

"What did you think?"

"I really enjoyed it. You did a great job editing."

A part of Garrett wanted to take credit and feel Shane's admiration, but an even bigger part of him was all too aware of the last lie he told. He wasn't in the mood for any more. "Well thanks, but I wasn't the one who did the work. My good friend Andrew Siwicki edited it for me."

"Oh, ok. Well tell him he did a great job," Shane paused for a moment. "You know what? Could you give me his contact details? I'd like to know if he'd be down to edit more in the future."

He ended up giving away Andrew's phone number.

"Thanks for that Garrett, see you soon."

"See ya."

Shane hung up and left Garrett standing there in his underwear, dumbfounded by the events of this morning.