Chapter 5

Andrew

A number of weeks passed by and Andrew had been sent more videos to edit. 'TAYLOR SWIFT THEORIES & CELEBRITY SECRETS' and 'DON'T CALL THESE NUMBERS!' were among the highlights. Shane was so impressed with the quality of the things that he often uploaded them without making any changes. Being in front of a computer screen for six hours a day left Andrew with little time left for the people in his life. His relationship with Gabbie had gone south and he couldn't figure out why. He'd done everything that boyfriends were supposed to do for girlfriends like buy flowers on their anniversary, hold the door open in public places, have romantic candle-lit dinners etc. (the list kept on getting longer and Andrew was sick of it!) Love and relationships were hard and even in his mid-twenties, he still hadn't fully grasped it. He'd also been having some problems with Garrett as well who kept texting him while he was editing and because Andrew was working, he was never able to visit or even facetime the other man. Today would be the first time he'd seen his best friend since the incident. Garrett was driving him over to a place that Shane nicknamed 'The Office' where they would discuss the terms of a future editing contract. The Office wasn't as grand or important as it sounded - just a small dingy apartment with an empty fridge, much to Garrett's chagrin.

"I can't believe you drank all the Pepsi!" Garrett whined while slamming the door.

"Don't worry Ok? I'll go out and buy another pack," Shane replied in a voice, deeper and less vibrant than his videos had led Andrew to believe.

The three of them assembled around a large conference table. The only thing on it was a fruit bowl containing grapes that Garrett eyed hungrily.

"So, I currently post four videos from Monday to Thursday. On top of that, I sometimes get other YouTubers I like to post something extra on a Friday, so they can gain exposure and build their fanbases. For this to work, you need to tell me your own weekly schedule so we can work out a timetable of who edits what and when. How does that sound?" Shane sat in his larger, superior office chair with his fingers clasped together like a super villain, calmly awaiting Andrew's response.

"Yeah, that sounds cool," he replied after a few moments, "do you have any videos that need to be edited right now because I'm free over the next few days?" More like the next few weeks, Andrew thought to himself.

"I did film something last night, it's just raw footage at the moment and it needs to be up on Monday."

"I can edit that for you," Andrew said, a little too fast.

"Alright, don't be too overenthusiastic or I might skip out on this editing nonsense altogether," Garrett teased.

"No, I like doing it. It's a passion of mine," Andrew blushed at his own eagerness.

"Cool. What other things do you like?"

"Basketball for one. I wanted to be a talent scout when I was younger but didn't make the cut."

Shane brought Garrett back into the conversation.

"Didn't you tell me you wanted to be an octopus as a kid but were worried that you wouldn't get into the school for octopi or something?"

"I kinda went back and forth between octopus and wizard."

"Sorry about that one. We tried to have him put down but the vet said it would cost too much," Shane sneered sarcastically.

"I also liked to film videos when I was younger," Andrew continued.

"You film videos as well as edit them?" Shane moved forward in his chair, clearly interested in the possibilities, "is there anything this man can't do?"