FINAL PART - Loving Kim Dahyun

Momo's feelings were hurt more than her throat as she continued to cough and splutter, pulling out the stems of roses, causing the thorns to scrape her throat raw. She'd never asked about Dahyun's favourite flower. If she'd known beforehand, she would have made sure to admit she was in love with her sooner, but she guessed she was four years and one girlfriend too late for that.

If the hardest part was the pain, the next was keeping it a secret. She wasn't able to do it for long. Nayeon had found her in the bathroom bleeding badly and passed out from pain, the blood red petals scattered across the floor.

She'd refused to go to hospital. Outright refused. Nayeon would cry to her for hours on end about it. Telling her over and over to get the surgery. To get it over with.

"You know Dahyun won't ever love you back." She said, gripping Momo's hands. Her face streamed with tears. "You'll die! Please... Momo... You'll die." But all Momo could do was shake her head and cough some more.

"SUCCESS!" Chaeyoung yelled as Dahyun slowly awoke from her four-hour operation to remove the daisies from her heart and lungs. Watching Dahyun's eyes open and a smile stretch across her face in a slightly drunken manor made Momo laugh, causing the others to join in.

"Yayyyy..." She groaned.

"Do you... feel anything?" Nayeon asked cautiously.

"Nah." She said, her eyes half lidded. "Momo's just my good old friend. You always were Momoring. Forget whatever I said before the operation. That's all gone. You don't have to worry now!"

Momo felt a pain in her chest.

Momo wondered why she always realised things too late.

Momo wished she had the guts to grow up and have the surgery. To forget. Just like Dahyun had done.

But she never wanted to forget this feeling.

"Who was I to you then?" Nayeon screamed. "Just a fling? A distraction? Was what we had really nothing to you?"

"WHY DO YOU THINK IT TOOK DAHYUN SO FUCKING LONG TO GET THAT DAMNED DISEASE? WHY DO YOU THINK THE GOT IT ALL OF A SUDDEN?

I was so sure that I wasn't good enough for the girl I had been in love with for four years. I was so sure I would never be able to treat her like she deserved to be treated.

Yes, Nayeon. I will admit that at first you were a distraction, but after our year together... I did feel something. I loved you.

Then hearing Dahyun's feelings for me brought back the past I had left behind. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen."

Momo was a horrible person. She knew that.

Nayeon deserved better.

"Dahyun, there's something I need to tell you." Momo shifted from foot to foot.

"Shoot." She muttered, staring out in front of her.

"I'm in love with you."

She was silent.

"That's not fair Momo." She said after a while, her voice shaking.

There was another silence.

"Why is your favourite flower a rose? You know... with thorns?" Momo asked, refusing to look at Dahyun, because she knew she was crying.

"Because..." She sobbed hard and long, a sound that Momo never wanted to hear. "Because they remind me of you."

Momo laughed through her own tears, feeling another jab of pain shoot through her chest.

"I don't know whether I should be offended or flattered." She said. Dahyun sighed.

"Because you're so beautiful and passionate and intense and annoying and rude and you suck." She sobbed again and Momo turned to see Dahyun's face drenched in tears and her cheeks flushed. "And I can't feel a thing for you anymore. It's like a piece of my heart is missing and it's worse than any disease I could have died from."

Momo didn't want to get rid of the part of her heart that was reserved for Dahyun.

Dying for love was way better than living without it.

Momo couldn't clear Dahyun's beautiful smile from her mind as she closed her eyes and felt the flowers push themselves up and out of her mouth. A dangerous bouquet that grew from her heart...

...just for Dahyun.

A/N: Um... let me know what you think I guess...

Thanks for reading! I hope to come back and edit this properly after all my exams are over. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Petals as sharp as thorns | Dahmoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें