Chapter Four: Problems on the Way

Aitken admired his finished art work.

It's beautiful...

He thought to himself as he stared at the painting. He couldn't believe he's the one who made it. He thought he couldn't make something beautiful. Hell! He didn't even imagined himself doing such thing! But he did! He feel satisfied. He feels proud. He feels like having a clear self image.

"Tell me, how can you make something simple so gorgeous?" Muttered Margaux as she make her way beside Aitken.

"I don't know. I just did." He answered half truth. He wasn't sure either. Aitken felt like he has been in this place yet he knew he hasn't been there. He has a clear image in his mind, and all he had to do was make it into reality.

"It's like my arms just have their own mind and swayed on the canvas."

"I would want a hand like that."

The two turned their head then saw Alex leaning on the partition wall with his paint covered hands crossed on his hard chest as he stare on the landscape made by Aitken. Aitken chuckled slightly.

"Next week," Alex said before he sighed then continued, "I will pay a visit my family on Winsom City. It'll be a whole week vacation for me and I was hoping..." He hesitated for a moment. Thinking it is a bad idea bringing some friends to his hometown, but he was hoping that he will have some company after his business. And he's also embarrassed to ask them.

"What? Are you gonna tell us something?" Margaux said slightly harsh because she hates surprises and long suspense situations. Some people just hates surprises, geez.

"I was hoping if I... If you can come with me." He finally said looking at the two of them with bright eyes. Like a child pleading, yet has a mature charm on him.

Silence.

"I know this doesn't concern you. I was just hoping. I am not forcing you guys or anything. I just thought—"

"Of course we'll come. Right Aitken?" Margaux interrupted immediately and the tone of the past sentence didn't look like it was asking.

"Absolutely. I'll come, it's an opportunity to go somewhere else than here." Aitken shared a genuine and reassuring smile to Alex. Aitken doesn't have anything too amazing in his life, except for that one fact, but regardless he does very little leisure activity. Maybe he'll find some interests in this outing.

Alex exhaled in relief then manage to tell them, "You don't need to meet my family or anything. I just need some companions that's all. Your stay and transportation is on me so don't worry about it."

"Wow! A whole week of vacation! I heard that Winsom City has big malls and such. I'm so excited. We could go shopping, travel through the busy streets, experience the life in a city!" Margaux is very excited about this vacation they will be having.
She has never been into big cities or experienced the things girls does in those big places like what she watched on her phone. She just came from another small town before she ended up into this town. Now, fate has given her the chance to go into one and she won't miss it. It's an opportunity and dream for her to at least experience the life in the city.

"We should probably inform Stephanie for our plan vacation next week." Aitken stated, his smile not leaving his handsome face.

"I already informed her, so don't fret about it." Alex planned this thoroughly. From the hotel, and transportation them other things. He wanted this vacation memorable at the least.

A good thing about working here is that the salary is not based on the number of days you work, but on the number of masterpiece you sold. The studio have their fair share for the sold item as a contribution and payment for a place to put the artist's material. Aitken and Margaux nodded their head.