Part 2: Home sweet home

Peridot Pov:

I turn the key and open the door, closing it behind me, as i turn i feel something run into me, oh stars, what now? though before i can look down to see what it was i'm greeted by a familiar voice "Hey Peri! how was your day?" it's just Steven, i should've known "Hey Steven, my day was alright i suppose, and i told you to just call me Peridot" he smiles and giggles a little "yeah i know, but Peri just sounds so cute, just like you!" i sigh softly as i toss my keys into the bowl next to the door "I also told you to stop calling me cute" he giggles again as i start walking towards the stairs "oh yeah, and before i forget, Mom said she had something to talk to you about"  i turn to him slightly as i start to walk up the stairs "she wanted to talk to me? what about?" he shrugs slightly "i dunno, she just said she wants to talk to you when she gets back from work" i sigh softly as i get to the top of the stairs "alright, thanks Steven, i'll talk to her when she gets home" he shouts up at me from the bottom of the stairs "no problem Peri!" 

The door to my bedroom swings open and i drop myself down into my desk chair, sighing softly as it rolls back a little. I slide my phone out of my bag and turn it on, seeing I've got a few messages from Jasper:

Yo runt, where are you?

You even there? 

you probably went home already didn't ya?

I reply saying i have homework to do, of course, i don't actually have homework, i just don't feel like hanging out with him right now, especially not after seeing Lapis again, i'm kinda scared that if i do hang out with him again i'll accidentally mention her and he'll ask me to start being mean to her again, and i really don't want to have to do that again. I lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling for a second, before i scoot over to my desk and pull out my robotics box, pulling out the model i'm currently working on and resuming my work on it. 

After an hour or two of tinkering with my project i hear the front door open, it must be Mrs. Universe, i put my stuff away and head down the stairs where Mrs Universe was at the bottom hanging her jacket up on the rack "Oh, hello Peridot, did you have a good day at school?" i nod slightly as i reach the bottom of the stairs "yeah, i suppose it was alright, but... uh, Steven said you had something you wanted to talk to me about?" she nods and slowly starts walking "Ah yes, that's right, why don't you come into the living room so we can talk?" i nod as i follow her into the room. 

We walk in and sit across from each other "so... what did you want to talk to me about Mrs. Universe?" she smiles softly at me "Peridot, i told you that you don't have to call me Mrs. Universe, you can just call me Mom" i nod and blush slightly "I know, it's just... it still feels weird to me, i mean, i'm not even your real kid..." she softly places her hand on top of mine "peridot, just because i didn't give birth to you doesn't mean you're not my daughter" i can't help but smile a little at her response "thanks... M-Mom... " she smiles warmly at me "now then, on to what i wanted to talk to you about, now, everyone else knows about this, so you're the last one i have to tell" i look at her slightly confused and nod for her to continue. "So, for the next while we're going to be having a girl staying with us, she had some issues with her family and is now looking for her own place, so in the meantime she will be staying with us until she finds a place of her own, her name is Lapis Lazuli".

My eyes widen in shock as she looks at me a little concerned "Peridot? are you okay?" i nod slowly as i stare down at my hand "u-uh yeah... d-did you say Lapis?" she nods softly "yes, why do you know her?" i slowly moves my eyes back up to her "w-well, a little i guess..." she smiles softly "ah, good then, she'll be arriving after school tomorrow, so maybe you can help her adjust here... oh! and before i forget, she'll have to share a room with someone, and i was thinking you, as long as you're okay with it of course" i nod slowly in response "u-uh yeah... yeah that's fine" she smiles warmly at me as she stands up "glad to hear it, see you at dinner" she leaves the room, leaving me sitting in disbelief at the situation i'm in. She's going to be  staying here? with me? in the same room? i really hope she doesn't remember me now... 

A/N:  yup Rose is alive in this story, and presumably some of you are wondering about her relationship with Peridot, well, in a similar way to the show, just as the crystal gems take Peridot in,  here Greg and Rose adopt Peridot, along with Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst, with Steven being their actual child