Chapter 6

Damon took a sharp breath in, processing the information he had just been given.

"I realize this is a shock Master Damon, but it is very important that we move forward. We must go back to your home I need to speak with your father." Emily stated as she began to pack.

"What does my father have to do with any of this?" Damon retorted, clearly angered.

"Your father has a lot to do with this. The more people we have on our side the better, and your father being the head of the town council and leader in eradicating vampires, he is exactly who we need." Emily explained, Elena gasped.

"What? My father he knows about you? About the vampires?" Damon asked confused, 'how could father have known all about this stuff and never said anything?' he thought to himself.

"Your father is a very influential man Master Salvatore, he knows a lot of people and is an asset to this town." Emily responded quickly, when she was packed she nodded to the pair that it was time to go.

"I am sorry Damon," Elena whispered. Damon just stared blankly, in a matter of mere minutes his entire life had changed. Once again, he was not given a choice, fate had decided things for him.

"Don't be its not your fault" he finally replied as they reached the carriage.

The sun was beginning to set by the time they reached the manor. Giuseppe was waiting at the door clearly distraught.

"Get in the house now!" he bellowed at his eldest son.

"I am sorry we are late father." Damon tried to reason.

"Do you realize what time it is? What have you been doing all day? This is not acceptable behavior Damon!" his fathers tone was harsh.

"Master Salvatore, I apologize that is my fault." The dark-skinned woman said as she appeared out of the carriage.

"Miss Emily! What on earth are you doing here?" Giuseppe said shocked.

"I believe that we are to have a little problem in the coming weeks, please is there somewhere we can speak in private?" Emily replied as she lifted her bag from the carriage.

"Oh, most definitely please, come with me. Malcom take Miss Elena's things to her room, Elena, Damon please go to the dinning hall and Marie will serve you dinner." Giuseppe said as they all entered the Manor.

In the study....

"You are for sure that this will be the fate of my sons?" Giuseppe said to the witch before him, he felt as if his heart was being pulled from his chest.

"I am most certain Master Salvatore, if we do not preform this ritual with your future grandchild's blood, your son's will be doomed to walk the earth for eternity, just as your wife." Emily replied sadly.

"But what of the other's the ones that are already damned? What of them Emily?" Giuseppe pleaded.

"There is nothing we can do for Lily, what is done is done I am afraid." Emily stated with sadness in her eyes.

"The boys, they must not have the same fate! I knew that Elena was important, as soon as she came," Giuseppe replied, "You are certain it is Damon that needs to fulfil this?" he asked.

"It must be Damon, the only reason that Elena was able to travel through time was because of her connection to him. I have never felt a stronger connection." Emily explained.

"How is it that I will explain the situation to the town? My son is to be betrothed to a nameless woman?" Giuseppe questioned.

"I will fix that, I will create a spell, cast it on the town. Elena will be known as Elena Gilbert, daughter of the late Grayson and Miranda Gilbert; brother and sister- in law of Johnathan Gilbert whom recently passed away suddenly in a carriage crash. They will have been coming from Denver. Your son found Elena in the woods following the crash, she will stay with you as Damon wishes to court her." Emily explained.