klutz

3

Alec's POV
- - - - -

The space was filling up with people at a steady pace, slowly taking up the tables in the café, one by one. A larger audience is always good, right? I mean besides the reoccurring feeling that I'm about to projectile vomit into the streams of people and cause myself permanent embarrassment for the rest of my life, it meant more publicity and it could actually contribute to my future as a musician. But in all honesty, the fish fingers I had for lunch feels like their going to swim upwards and out of my system.

"Michael, I'm not up for this" I grumble while tapping his shoulder."I mean matt can take my pla-" a loud belch escapes my lips, which instantly releases the tension from my stomach. Fuck, now I really have to play in front of a crowd.

"Alec you little shit", Swatting his hand through the air as an attempt to escape the fumes that left my mouth, " that was absolutely vile."

"Better out than in am I right?" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Definitely better left in than on my face, for sure" he scowls turning away from me.

Michael's a little bit of a germaphobe, and me burping in his face doesn't help that. Oh god I feel bad, should I say sorry, or..  I slowly make my way towards where Michael's stood with the rest of our band.

"Look mike, in really sor-" stumbling over the many electrical wires on the floor and landing on matt "SHIT" we land hard on the backstage floor, knocking all the air out of me and probably breaking one of Matt's bones.
I lay there until I hear a hiss of "Get up you fucking moron." It was Michael, trying to cover the fact that one of his band members was an absolute klutz. "I swear to god if you weren't my best friend I would cut your balls off."
Mumbling a quick apology and throwing a salute, I turn towards Matt in the hopes that I could help him up to compensate for my lack of leg-eye coordination.
"Nope you've done enough, just get yourself cleaned up and meet me back here in the next 2 minutes. The show's gonna start in the next 10, so you better be ready or I swear.."
" But I wanted to help Mat-"
"Nope nope nope noppiTty nope nope nope" pushing me away.
Defeated, I stalked back to the changing rooms and swapped my used shirt for; a black 'arctic monkeys' band tee paired with my favourite jeans. Black and skinny. I quickly styled my hair, which was as straight and dark as ever.
I'd always been called 'emo' due to this one trait, inherited from my mother. I recall them taunting me, chasing me around the school playground. Mother always said that they were simply jealous, dark and handsome suited her taste far more than fair and light eyed.
Not many people welcomed me into their cliques, avoiding being seen hanging around with the one weird kid. But there was this one girl, even weirder than me. With the same dark hair, only in slight waves, not dead straight like mine was, and light eyes, the total opposite of my black orbs.
I wasn't aware I had a crush on her until after year 6, when we'd already applied to our secondary school (high school for you americans) and would eventually be separated into different schools. a new environment, filled with new people. Which meant a new world where I could start afresh. A clean slate. So I left my bullies behind and remade myself to fit in with the new crowd.

It didn't work. They still found me weird, for being into Muse, than pop. For being quiet and mature, rather than fun and cheeky. So my new group of friends eventually cast me out. Alone.

well not completely alone.

It's been a long time since a cold blade touched to inside of my wrist, drawing the pain and loneliness from the inside of my veins. exposing them to the outside world in the form of dark, red blood. Shivering from the memory, I dress quickly and hurry out of the dressing room leaving the cold atmosphere behind.

:>>> 

kk. comment-vote-share whatev tickles your pear.

cherio!

-Ren