Chapter 6

Mickey

We had the windows down just enjoying the air. The girls are in the back just enjoying the view. " You guys want music" both said no. I wouldn't blame them. If i was in the back I would just sit back and feel that relief of getting away. We are about an hour into the drive and I have to admit I actually like this highway\back road. It's not a lot of cars and it has a beautiful view. The thought of me back there with Q couldn't get off my mind. It's a shame that I can't.

The sun is starting to set. Once it's pitch black we'll pull over to the nearest rest stop and get some sleep. If anything I need it more. Driving with no one to take turns with is very tiring. Especially since Florida is like 10 hours away.

I noticed that Sammy awake. " Sam, you alright?"

" Yeah I'm fine I just woke up" she looked find of upset, I'm not sure what it was but I know something is up. " Wake Q up were about five miles from the rest stop. We can stop and use the bathroom and snack on something if you guys are hungry"

Q finally woke up, just in time. I pulled into a rest stop and immediately got out the car and stretched my legs. Q was still half asleep in the back. I opened the door and carefully pulled her out. "Q, wake up. You need to stretch and eat something." Her eyes slowly opened, she looks so beautiful when she's tired.

I almost started to cry as I held her in my arms. I guess she's super tired. She wrapped her around my neck as she helped me pull her up. " Thanks Mickey" I smiled and kissed her cheek " No problem" . Where did Sammy go? I hope she didn't get lost. "Sammy?!" No answer.

"Right here!" She came running from the building. "Sorry I went to the bathroom" she's really out of breath. " Well next time tell me or Q went don't want to lose you."

"Okay, sorry"