Still Counting

From the expression on his face, Alastor was not used to the whole rock scene. As I led him over to the bar, he stared around at the crowd of punks and rockers waiting for the band to come on stage. 

"Two Jack and Cokes," I ordered, handing one mix drink to Alastor. 

"What is this place?" He frowned, sniffing at his drink. At that moment, the band struck up the opening chords to 'Still Counting'. Sipping at my own drink, I pointed at the stage. 

"Counting all the assholes in the room

Well I'm definitely not alone, well I'm not alone

You're a liar, you're a cheater, you're fool
Well that's just like me yoohoo and I know you too
Mr. Perfect don't exist my little friend
And I tell you it again, and I do it again
Counting all the assholes in the room, Well I'm
Definitely not alone, well I'm not alone"

"Come on," I shouted over the guitar riff, "Let's get closer." Grabbing Alastor's arm, I pulled him into the crowd. 

We managed to get several rows back from the stage, hemmed in on all sides by a throng of people. The poor radio demon looked like a fish out of water in the crowd of excited fans.

 I smiled reassuringly at him for a moment before the lead singer growled over the instrumentals, "Let's see you mosh, mother fuckers!" I opened my mouth to swear, but couldn't get a single syllable out before a large body slammed into me. My drink splashed down my shirt as I shoved the asshole away. 

"Alastor!" I shouted, "Move back!" I turned to find him just in time to see some idiot attempting to crowd surf over the most pit. The crowd dropped him, and the idiot thrashed as he fell, one heavy combat boot connecting with my face. Stars danced across my eyes as I felt my head snap back. Arms wrapped around my waist, dragging me back out of the mosh pit. 

Alastor drug me outside, the night air stinging my nose. Helping me sit down on the curb, he pried my fingers away from my face.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, glancing from my bloody face to the mayhem back inside. 

"Some idiot I'm going to ruin on air tomorrow." I hissed, wincing at the pain. This was not how I had planned for tonight to go....