Here's to Us

"Chris!" I hollered, knocking on the glass of the DJ booth. With an irritated look, he set his headset to the side and muted his microphone. At a come in motion from him, I opened the door. 

"What the hell happened to you?" He hissed, "I tried calling you at least a hundred times!" 

"I know, I'm sorry," I sighed, "I was a bit tied up." Literally. But he didn't need to know that. 

"Listen," I said before he could scold me more, "I know its your slot, but I need the booth for ten minutes." I gave Chris a pleading look, making him sigh and motion towards the empty chair. 

"Fine," He agreed, "Gives me time to go get some coffee." I gave him a quick hug before sliding into the seat and put on the headset. I took a deep breath as the last notes of Everlast's "White Trash Beautiful" faded into silence. With a shaking finger, I flipped the microphone on.

"Good afternoon, you amazing deviants," I spoke into the mic, "This is (Y/N) filling in for Chris. I know we don't normally do the whole talk show bullshit, but I want to talk to you all for a moment."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before continuing, "Sometimes we do stupid shit. Stupid shit like pushing away the people that care for you. You think that you're doing the right thing for whatever fucked up reason that you can think of, but it's wrong. And when you realize you shouldn't have pushed them away, sometimes you can get them back...and sometimes you can't. You wish you could take back every hateful word you said, every glare, every...every damned thing you did wrong. But that's not how it works. If it did work that way, we would all be on clouds up in heaven listening to the sound of music for the zillionth time and trying not to blow our little angel brains out."

"I'm getting off track. My point is...well, don't push away the people you care for. Don't be a fucking idiot like me. So while I play this next song, text, call, whatever...get ahold of the loved one you pushed away. Make up. And if the person I pushed away is listening... I'm sorry."

I killed the microphone, tapping a button on the console in front of me, and took off the headset. Halestorm's "Here's to Us" began to play.

We could just go home right now
Or maybe we could stick around
For just one more drink, oh yeah
Get another bottle out
Lets shoot the shit
Sit back down
For just one more drink, oh yeahHere's to us, here's to love
All the times that we fucked up
Here's to you, fill the glass
'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass
So lets give 'em hell
Wish everybody well, here's to us, here's to us

I sat there listening to lyrics, wondering if it had worked. A light wrapping noise on the window startled me from my stupper. I expected to turn to find Chris with his coffee, but instead the one person I wanted to see more than anyone else in all of hell stood there. 

Alastor.